584,837 active members*
5,384 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Wooden Clocks > MDF Racing car simulator project.
Page 7 of 7 567
    I have since cutting that out put a small piece across the 2 front halfs just in front of the steering wheel platform as I was planning on pivoting the steering platform up for access as well.
    I have also altered the shape of 'armrest' pieces since too to give a more sporty feel to it.

A spoiler type bit on the back would be nice but I'm trying to keep this fitted on a 2440x1220 sheet and it just barely fits now.

I did have a high nose version of the front half drawn up too but my mate just wants the low nose version, I might do the high nose version later for myself.

Re: MDF Racing car simulator project.

I know it's been a while since the last post on this thread. Is there any pics of completed project and if so how was steering / pedals mounted. I don't have any CAD programs but want to have a go at building this as I really like the HYPER but want the enjoyment of building my own. I don't have any CNC machines but believe I can hand cut and make. Is there any PDF plans that you would be willing to share. I only just came across this project and you have done an awesome job. I am handy with my hands and tools just hopeless at design

I will put up the drawings I have tonight

Guys sorry for the delay, I got busy and forgot, I'm not saying these are 100% correct drawings, I stopped on this project not long after cutting out the 1/4 scale version.
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/mzmm293sd722k/cockpit

I'm watching htis thread though so if you have any questions I will try and answer them and/or help

Quote Originally Posted by kiwibrick View Post
    Guys sorry for the delay, I got busy and forgot, I'm not saying these are 100% correct drawings, I stopped on this project not long after cutting out the 1/4 scale version.
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/mzmm293sd722k/cockpit

I'm watching htis thread though so if you have any questions I will try and answer them and/or help
    Hey guys, I have been looking for a simple MDF cockpit I can build for my young boy who is truning 4 and is car obsessed. This fits the bill but wondering if anyone actually finished this project? I downloaded the linked plans and will enquire with a cutting service as I dont have a CNC but just want to make sure its will all work

Thanks in advance!

I dont know if anyone else took my drawings and made one, but it definitely needs some work on fastening placement etc, the bits I cut out at 1/4 scale all seemed to fit fine from memory

Since my cnc isn't big enough 575mm x 350mm, my shamless rip means i'm going to have to pull out the jigsaw...Attachment 442874

I've used some measurements from here and used heaps of photos with different wheels attached for a sizing reference. have never seen one in real life... so i'm hopefully its close enough, i figure i'll build the seat mounts last and might have to do them a few times to get right. i should be able to use an ikea poang chair cushion too.

Going by this https://search.ipaustralia.gov.au/de...e-69469067795c any protections they did have are well and truly expired so i'm just gonna let it rip and set how it goes....

Just got to figure out Fusion 360 to full sized print out of cutting templates...

The pedal set won’t probably work on a flat surface like that in a formula car lay out. Most pedals are setup for production car/chair seating. But it would depend on what pedals you have.

Quote Originally Posted by CL_MotoTech View Post
    The pedal set won’t probably work on a flat surface like that in a formula car lay out. Most pedals are setup for production car/chair seating. But it would depend on what pedals you have.
    Yeah, well aware of that.

I have a custom set as well as some inverted t500s to tryout and adapt

Page 7 of 7 567