585,974 active members*
4,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Somebody gave me V22. What should I do with it?

Somebody gave me V22. What should I do with it?

I already have V23.

A very generous soul gave me a copy of V22 that he never used. At first he thought it was V23, so I was excited to get a second dongle. When I opened the box it said V22. Bummer.

Seems that there was a misunderstanding with this person. Maybe give it back to him and purchase a second seat of your product so that you can use it on a second station. Just a thought.

You could transfer the license to yourself, then upgrade the dongle to V23. When you are all done, it would be cheaper to purchase another dongle directly from BC. Next best, put your V22 on ebay for an un-suspecting buyer. Caveat Emptor.

Rob

The guy has no use for it. He has moved on to Rhino. I feel like giving it back would be an insult. Selling it...I don't know.

You could always keep it, the lathe on V22 worked great, and was better than V23 lathe, IMHO, you never know if you will need it later.
    Or, you could donate it to a local school/tech center to be used as a learning tool. Or find a worthy soul who is in need of a cad cam system and pay it forward to them.

BobCam Software

Hello, I saw your post and was wondering if you still have the software you are talking about? I am a part time teacher of machining technology at a community college. The college has not spent any money on the program in years and I have 18 students in my class I have 2 CNC machines and no way to program them other than by hand but the lathe is a old Southbend and it only allows 12 lines of code in MDI. I have put in a request for some software but have gotten no results and I am behind the 8 ball. I posted under the Surfcam thread earlier today trying to find a solution. I am experienced with Surfcam at my day job. Would you be willing to donate the software to the college? We really need something to program with!! Thanks for your time. I can verify my employment with the college if need be. Again thanks!!

Donated to the Wake Tech machining class. I love to hear about the next generation getting into machining. Actually, I'm only 36, so they are maybe half a generation behind me.

Couldn't Resist
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bobcadcoaster.jpg  

I assume that mug is shattered on the floor by now.

I feel a censor coming on:stickpoke