585,722 active members*
4,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > Tree not powering on

Tree not powering on

Well I've run into my first problem with the j325. Today I went to turn it on and nothing happened at the controller. I could hear the normal noises coming from the back cabinet when I turned on the main power switch, but nothing happened when I turned on the controller. I switched it all of and tried again and it turned on fine. So I shut it back down while I waited for the compresser to fill up, then turned off the compressor and tried turning the tree bask on and the same thing happened. Power at the back cabinet, but the controller wasnt coming on. I could tell that the monitor was coming on, but that was about it. I tried actuating the tool clamp and nothing. I tried pressing the reset button to see if the servos enabled but nothing. This machine is powered with a phase adder, but it hasn't seemed to be an issue. Any ideas?

Check relays make sure one didn't jar loose during shipping. Other than that you will need to check the power supply in the dynapath rack.

Thanks for the reply. I overrode the cabinet safety switches so I could open the 2 cabinets with the power on. There seems to be full power getting to everything. All fans are spinning an lights are on. The dynapath rack comes to life when I flip the switch on the controller, but nothing on the screen. I figure it's unlikely there is a problem with the screen since I just had it repaired and I can see it blip off when I turn the power off. I dont get it. Could it be a fuse somewhere?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0423[1].jpg  

For whatever reason it works today. I noticed that on one of the boards in the dynapath rack, there was a red light on last night and it's not on today while its running. You can see the red light in the pic in the above post. Its next to the battery and on the other side of the green light. I think thats the cpu board. Anyone know what it means? Some other people have said that it could be from the way the phase adder is hooked up and the wild leg should not be powering the controller. I'm not sure if it is, but I'll try to check it.

The cover that goes over the rack says "PROC WDT FAIL" where that red light sits. Anyone know what that means?

Have you tried googling "PROC WDT FAIL" ? Lots of stuff comes up. I'm guessing it would be common to all machines with a Dynapath similar to yours

Example