584,866 active members*
4,771 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 14 12311

Post Just Purchased - SaleCNC.com XJ6090

Hello machinists!,
    I just purchased a new CNC machine from salecnc.com, they were very friendly and could accommodate my travel needs. I looked around prior to purchasing from salecnc but couldnt find anyone with a good writeup on their machines, so I will take pictures and give details from delivery to the first few cuts... I could use some help too

Product page:
    SALE CNC Router Milling, CNC Laser, CNC plasma machine, China, Servo Motor Drive, UK, USA, Italy, Spain, Thailand

Picture of the XJ6090 machine + 4th axis rotary attachment from their catalog:

The system is supposed to come with everything needed to start cutting shortly after delivery, no assembly, I provide PC. I believe it even comes with a set of end-mill bits. It is being freighted to a location about 1-hour drive from me and expected to arrive in about 30 days. Weight is estimated 600lbs, so to pick it up I need to rent a truck with hydraulic 'tommy' lift on the back.
    I decided on a salecnc model XJ6090, but modified to include:
    5" Z-axis
    2.2kw water cooled spindle
    4th axis rotary attachment.

I was a CNC operator at a previous job, but the machine was all ready in running condition when I started... so I only loaded programs & material, changed bits and did basic operations. I am not exactly sure what should be done prior to the first cut, and will be cutting my own designs for the first time.
    My primary purpose is cutting many 3"x3" aluminum boxes designed in solidworks, out of large aluminum slabs (as big as will fit in the cut area), I could really use some help getting setup for first my first time use with mach 3 & solid works for cutting aluminum.
    I have Mach 3 installed on the PC to be used with the CNC, what settings and configurations do I need to make?
    I need to make a 'pre-flight' checklist of everything to do.
    I appreciate all help

Question

Viroy,

Where are you located in Wisconsin?

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Madison

Thanks for the thread link.

I'm most eager in your Aluminum work as you have the same idea I have. I need to see if this can cut Aluminum, looks like you will be a perfect memeber to follow on this.

That was the machine I was looking at.

-Jason

Talking price and more description

Can you tell me the price at which you bought that machine;
    and describe more on the machine;

Seems like a nice machine!

Im also looking at this machine, Im looking forward to follow this thread!

The thing that makes me wait with an order, is the shipping cost to Sweden.
    How much did you pay for the shipping.

Can you take pictures of the packaging when it arrives? Think we all are waiting for pictures.

Was the contact with SalesCnc good and professional?

I have built a smaller MDF CNC today, runs with Mach3, my experience is limited, but I will help you as best I can

Sorry for my poor spelling, English is not my mother tounge :-)

/DeVille

I just wrote to the email address on the webpage and received a reply from Jimmy Chund, who answered all my questions until I decided to purchase.
    For working at a chinese company, Jimmy speaks English very well.. I was pleased not having to worry about a language barrier and was a big decision in choosing to continue further with them prior to purchasing.

Freight charge to Wisconsin USA from china was between $500-$600.
    Money was sent through PayPal and they actually split half of the paypal fee with me! I thought that was very considerate! Usually I have to add on about 4% of the final product cost to cover paypal fees from other chinese companies.

Jimmy sent an email to me with the shipping container details... but I cannot for the life of me find it (probably put it somewhere 'safe' so I wouldnt loose it). The email had pictures of what it looks like along with dimensions & weight.
    I remember it being something like 4' wide by 6' long by 4' tall @ 700lbs.
    It it supposed to come in a completely wooden crate, boxed in on all sides with pallet grooves on the bottom for moving with lift.

I will send an email in soon to checkup.
    I also need to figure out what controller I need to process Gcode for.

I am new to the process of going from design to cutting.
    I was a CNC operator previously but never had to define toolpaths or generate Gcode. I just changed bits and loaded materials then hit start.
    I took a course on solidworks and have been using SW2008 SP3 for a while now. I am comfortable with designing the parts I need to cut and have 3 part designs completed, I would like to start cutting them from aluminum as soon as the CNC arrives. I thought that was all I had to do prior to purchasing the CNC.

What I didnt know was that I need to define all the toolpaths and generate Gcode in something other than SolidWorks. I have been researching this over the past few days and have taken a liking to SolidCam. I was on their website all day watching the training videos and really like it.
    I am seriously considering purchasing a copy of SolidCam, but thinking of trying to find a 2008 R3 version as that is what most of their training videos are for (that and maybe I can an older version alot cheaper).

I still have much more to learn, but I think I can generate the Gcode for cutting on my own with SolidCam. What I dont know is, what do I need to setup inside Mach3? I cannot find any instruction for setting limits or anything that should be done prior to cutting.
    I could really use some help getting from SolidWorks, to Mach3.
    Mach3 is the biggest mystery to me right now... I cant even find out how to just manually jog the XYZ axi's.

If you would want more info about Mach3 have a look at their website.
    And read the manual, they also have training videos there.
    Documentation Mach3

Mach3 is one of the best controller software.

I have not used SW that much, I do all my designs in AutoCad 2008.
    Then I open them in ArtCam 2008 Pro. This is where i define what profiles to cut and what tool to use. Then i Use a postprocessor for Mach2, that works for me. Since Artcam does not have any postprocessor for Mach3 in mm.

The postprocessor calculates the Gcode needed to do selected machining.

A friend of mine have just bougth SheetCam, and he is satisfied with that.
    I like ArtCam for the possibility of 3D machining.

You will probably not need anything more than 2.5D.

Dont start with Aluminium the first thing you do, do some training in ie MDF board. Wont break tools that easy, no need for cooling etc.

If you have Mach3 Activated then you JOG axis with pressing SHIFT+Arrow Left/Rigth/Up/Down.

How much did you pay for the machine.
    You also bougth a 4th axis addon, for how much?

By the way, did you get this machine adapted for AC ~110V ?
    Here in sweden we got AC ~230V

/DeVille

Oh very nice, I am going to definitely utilize their training vids thanks much for the link!

I did notice that the CNC package also includes a copy of NCStudio V5... I wonder if that is presetup for design & post processing specifically with this CNC.

All said & done... CNC machine, Z-axis upgrade to 5", spindle upgrade to 2.2kw watercooled, 4th axis rotary, shipping & paypal fee = $5,000. I still have to rent a truck & lift to get it to its new home which I'm guessing will cost between $200 - $300.
    It runs off of 220vac, 50hz power input.

Wise advice, I will definitely be using wood or something soft for my first trial runs... not only are bits costly, but I really dont want to mess up an expensive block of aluminum either.
    Speaking of which... I need to find a good aluminum dealer in the WI area, preferably near Madison if possible. Not only do I need to purchase new aluminum, but I would like to be able to return the shavings for credit towards future purchases... I figure I will be milling over 70% of the raw material away, thats alot of leftovers.
    Suggestions welcome

"It runs off of 220vac, 50hz power input."

If it's actually 50hz, you're in trouble. USA is 60 hz, Europe is 50hz.

Ah my bad, yes it is for USA power so 60hz.

Hi again!

Any news from salecnc? :-)

One thing you should do is to ask salecnc, if they have a config file for Mach3.
    Then things are much easier for you, just load the file and your settings are done basically.

Have you looked into a cooling system for the mills? Since you are cutting aluminium you will need some fluid to cool things down with.

/DeVille

Yes spoke with them recently, it will be shipping on Monday.
    They havent gotten back to me on the controller type though, I dont know what to post-process for.
    I'll ask about the mach3 config file, thats a great idea!

I read somewhere that people are using tungsten carbide bits at a slower feed rate without fluid... I was hoping I could dry mill, maybe get it done safely by using stepping in the cutting paths rather than full plunges to keep it cooler.

Just got My M25 from SaleCNC.com it's awosome

My machine is arrived:

Check it out. It's very good packing, very good machine. All manual and supports are there. You can trust this SaleCNC.com A+++
    They keep me in progress all the time while waiting for the machine.

I trust them with my $26,000. I make wood products such as arcade game machines. I diffinitely earn my money back. Too much order for me now to do now, ttyl. [email protected]

Smile thank you VERy Nice Uncle and

HEY Timothy
    It's very nice pictures and you look pretty strong uncle. Just wonder how old are you? (Please don't get offended)

I also bought XJ1212 machine from SaleCNC.com It's a good machine, good color and it's runing every well. I am happy with my finish work.

I have to say, it's impressive for me. Year 2005 I bought about the same machine and it cost me 4 times the price. I remember almost $17,000.- Now it's so cheap.

Now we are old. Money is not so important to us. Now it's about the art! When we make something out nice and beautiful, we are happy. :banana:

This is what I make with my 1212:

give a thumb up for Uncle Tim

I forgot to give a thumb up for the Uncle Tim

Thanks for stopping by Tim, I'm always happy to hear from satisfied owners

Wow Chris that is a very intricate design! how big is that? looks like a full size table!
    Let me guess, your going to fill that with a laminate resin?

Just received shipping notice.
    Having electrician install 220v 60hz outlet this week, pending response from salecnc on amperage rating of CNC.

Hmmm, if this machine is good, I'm hoping to see what you do in Aluminum Viroy.

-Jason

Page 1 of 14 12311