585,589 active members*
3,641 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 14 of 14 4121314
    Fantastic news bud!! I am planning another purchase from Jimmy in the next few months if things work out - a laser CNC - the 1300x2500. Things need to work out first LOL

Quote Originally Posted by viroy View Post
    So I talked to Jimmy at saleCNC about the problem and he allowed me to return the bad card for a replacement NCStudio card!
    Before putting in the new card I double-checked all connections and found that pin15 of the cable was broken!
    Pin15 is the 5vdc pin... without that 5v, the pulses have no oomph and were coming in at 2.2v which is below the controllers input threshold.
    Not sure if the controller fried that wire or if the wire broke and fried the card.... but I was able to find a new 15pin M/F cable on ebay for $7.50.
    All is well and my CNC is working perfectly again!
    I still plan to add Mach3 control, but I have stuff needing to be cut immediately and dont feel like working in a new system right now.

One thing I just noticed... the way the CNC is setup, the spindle does not accept full speed control.
    Rather there are 3 pins dedicated from the NCStudio card to spindle speed and they are simply: Slow, Medium, Fast.
    The 3 RPM speeds are pre-configured on the spindle through the front LCD panel and triggered using 3 input ports marked X1, X2 & X3 which simply look for a high state ... I believe mine are 5kRPM = Slow, 10kRPM = Medium & 20kRPM = Fast.
    I first noticed this during testing when going from a software setting of 10kRPM to 11kRPM... the change in speed is so dramatic that the sound easily gives it away.
    I then checked the spindle PDF and confirmed the settings on the LCD panel.

Think I might switch the spindle over to manual control instead of using those 3 pre-programmed inputs.
    I wouldnt care if I were only cutting wood, but I need better speed control when cutting metals to get the cleanest cut possible.

I really want one of the cnc lathes!
    They have some very nice looking ones for only $10k

I agree. Man I wish I had tons of money lol

Quote Originally Posted by viroy View Post
    I really want one of the cnc lathes!
    They have some very nice looking ones for only $10k

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

same brother differnt mother xj6090 router

Greeting guys and Gals
    I have recently purchased and received an xj6090 from XYZ TECH, here in china and ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG
    background info; I am an expat American teaching English her in china fun right depends on the day
    so I recently received the XJ6090 from XYZ TECH. and it is a beautiful machine and surprisingly quiet, but that said then the machine comes with no manuals save an half baked installation guide of the software, but nothing for the inverter or how to use the machine nothing Natta zip zilch zero info

the basics
    machine xj6090 dedicated windows xp computer
    software used AutoCAD 2010 to draw Artcam Pro to nest and generate the Gcode , and ncstudios 5.5.60 to operate the machine

the problem comes when I run the simulation I get a -48 delta motion out of limit alert what is delta motion ?
    but the simulation completes and says successfully completed and give a time to finish, so when I try to actually cut the parts , well another story

I have home zeroed the machine and work origin zeroed the machine to the top of the 4mm panel to be cut, so, when I hit run the spindle spools up and the machine starts to move up z 10mm for the safety clearance and then to the first cut , but then moves up the z axis another 10mm +- and then starts to cut all axis normally but in the air 20 or so mm above the zeros set it will go thru the whole process moving up and down the z as normal and all the others but never a parts cut unless I am making airships which I am not

the So called tech and I spent the entire day Friday online in broken text English trying to figure this out no avail he finally sent me a sample *.nc file to try and it worked perfectly in all axis, he is using artcut 7 I am using artcam pro and his Gcode is totally different than mine but we are both saving as *.nc files and now I am trying to find an English version of artcut 7 which is like trying to find a manatee in the gulf of Mexico during a hurricane. yea I am from Florida!

attached first is my Gcode second is his Gcode both for ncstudios 3-4 machine 5-6 models I manually cut the parts out for these ships as prototypes before buying the machine lots of time to do just on took a week of cutting manually

help mayday kick ,scratch , scream , holler, temper tantrum, any and all assistance would be of great help

by the way trying to get help here ha ha ha ha , not happening the people here other cnc guys think I am trying to take there customers so wont help or tell me anything to get me to go away , I just want to make ship parts not take there sign making business hell I don't even speak Chinese, and my Chinese wife does not speak cnc English so the help is not forth coming

John Anderson
    Fleetside Models
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013-06-23 16.07.49.jpg   2013-06-23 16.08.10.jpg   2013-06-23 16.08.31.jpg   2013-06-23 16.08.48.jpg  

2013-06-23 16.09.05.jpg   2013-06-23 16.09.21.jpg  

Inverter manual XJ6090

for those of you who have ordered this machine xj6090 CNC router from any of the many sources here is the inverter manual for the Fuling DZB200 and DZB 300 series inverters that can come with the unit

John Anderson
    Fleetside Models
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FulingDZB200&300Busermanual.pdf  

Hey riverwindus I never save a tool path as nc. I use .tap files for ncstudio. I think garc mm tap. Not at the pc. BUT nc never really worked for me. I'm wondering if the guy just renamed the file to nc. When you open files default is nc but select all files the use the tap file.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

thanks shearder , will give it a try but I noticed something else that seems strange to me on my gcode there is no listing for the z axis but on his there is a z axis what am I doing wrong in artcam , I followed all the steps I think run the artcam simulation and there is a definite at least to me, a cut out were it would imply a z axis but when I save the gcode even to other formats there is no g code

man the learning curve is step if not vertical at times auto cad , solid works and now artcam and NC studios when will it make a part my finance manager( wife) wants to know. I think she is thinking accounts payable vs. accounts received yea she's an accountant

John Anderson
    FLeetside Models

Hey guys, well I believe the time has come for me to admit defeat in running my own business.
    I love the technical stuff, but realized I fall short when it comes to anything else related to business.
    I can no longer justify the need for a CNC machine and think I'm going to sell to invest in other ventures.
    I have taken a job as a professional CNC operator and hardly use my own CNC anymore except for friends and family projects.

Send me a PM if you are interested. Here I am going to list everything I will include with the system along with optional equipment, also details of the upgrades I have made to the CNC. First and foremost, the CNC system works better than 100%, there are no problems with it that need repair or attention. I mostly work with metals, so I have made the gantry more rigid to reduce tool chatter.

Model: SaleCNC XJ6090.
    Power: 220v
    It has been upgraded from the standard XJ6090 options by SaleCNC prior to shipping...
    upgrades are for 8" of Z-axis travel instead of the normal 4", and a 2.2KW water cooled spindle instead of the normal 1.2kw.
    Total gantry travel & bed size is roughly 2ft on X-Axis, 4ft on Y-Axis, 8in on Z-Axis.
    It is just now 2-years old and is in like-new or better than new condition.
    I have increased the strength of the gantry by adding a 1/4" thick aluminum plate with holes machined in it to reduce weight... pictures below.
    I also have a Mach3 conversion card all set to go with this system in case NCStudio is not desired.

There were only 2 minor problems I have ever had with the CNC: The parallel communication cable that attaches to the computer computer went bad, I have since replaced the parallel cable with a new high quality cable. One of the water cooling hose connectors broke which I replaced with a much stronger connector. These were both minor problems that did not damage or have any permanent effect on the CNC and have been repaired to better than original state.

Included with sale:
    XJ6090 CNC - 2' x 4' x 8" travel & 2.2kw water cooled spindle.
    Water cooling pump for spindle (fits easily in a 5-gal bucket, which is what I use for a reservoir).
    Complete precision ER20 collet set for all size endmills & bits (I only opened the ones I regularly use, 90% of the collets are still in independently sealed & oiled wrap).
    3 Sets of endmills including a near full set of TiAlN 4-flute endmills (these are highest quality endmills and stay sharp for an extremely long time, most are still unused and in brand new condition).
    Custom wood fixture for holding collet box & individual endmills.
    Custom made vacuum shroud which fits on spindle to suck up dust (any shop-vac plugs right in). I custom made this to slip on and off when desired.
    Table clamps and bolts to hold down projects while being machined.
    The two wrenches required for changing collets on the spindle.
    Power cables, water hoses, NCStudio PCI card and computer cable.

This CNC is absolutely perfect for wood, plastic & composites. I have cut layered plywood with a 2-flute 90deg V-bit at 60 inches per minute going 1/2" deep per pass with no problems. For wood, composites and other soft materials, you can go as deep and fast as the particular cutting tool in use will allow for.
    The strength upgrades I have made were so I could mill aluminum better. I have milled plenty of aluminum and it does a great job, but you must go slow and make shallow step-downs as it is not as rigid as really needed to do lots of metal work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0380.JPG   IMG_0382.JPG  

Optional Accessories:
    Desktop Computer with Windows XP & NCStudio pre-loaded and ready to go.
    Computer also has extra long external USB cable for easily connecting a USB flashdrive to transfer GCode programs, I found this to be the easiest way. Otherwise there is a network card in the computer for connecting to a network.

4th axis rotary drive.
    I purchased this along with the XJ6090 from SaleCNC and plugs into the front of the CNC, there is a special port on the front CNC panel designed just for it, so you do not have to swap out electronics or other stuff. The rotary unit allows you to machine round/cylindrical objects such as billiard cues or long posts... can hold something about 40" long.

Mach-3 conversion card + optional extra motor controller.
    The CNC can easily be converted from NCStudio to Mach3 by swapping the NCStudio card out for the Mach3 card, full instructions are included. Some people who are already familiar with Mach3 prefer it, I never converted as NCStudio has suited all of my needs to date.
    I had originally planned to convert the system for use with Mach3 and add the extra motor controller for the rotary axis to achieve true 4-axis ability. NCStudio only allows for 3-axis control, which means to use the rotary, the X-axis motor is disabled and the rotary takes its place. This is great for simple design and aesthetic inlays such as with billiard cues or decorative table legs... but if you wanted to machine something mechanical such as a flat spot with a 4-bolt pattern on a round object, it can only be done in one machining process by utilizing true 4-axis control. This is a bit more advanced than most people need, but my use of this cnc was primarily for making mechanical components rather than decorative.
    Please note that this does not mean this is the only way to accomplish machining something such as a flat spot with 4-bolt pattern on a round object... you can also easily accomplish this by using the rotary axis to machine the round object with any pattern/design desired, then unplug the rotary and machine the flat spot and 4-bolt pattern. I simply wanted to do this all in a single machining process rather than two... which is why I wanted true 4-axis control.

Wireless numpad - NCStudio uses the keyboard numpad to move the gantry around for manual positioning. The wireless numpad is great for 'touching off' of parts to set your home position, basically it works like an MPG. Just a convenience.

Re: Just Purchased - SaleCNC.com XJ6090

Hi, Jimmy from sale CNC help me on setup my code that had some problems. Him help and patiente was perfect.

Hi Jef

do you know how to get V5.4.53 ??
    would be ever so grateful i have lost my disk...

Hi
    any chance you could send me NC studios v.5.4.53 ?

the link you posted doesnt appear to have this anymore

heres hoping !

thanks
    David

Quote Originally Posted by bigshacka View Post
    Hi
    any chance you could send me NC studios v.5.4.53 ?

the link you posted doesnt appear to have this anymore

heres hoping !

thanks
    David
    I will see which versions i have and drop box it if i have and post the link here

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shearder View Post
    I will see which versions i have and drop box it if i have and post the link here

5.6 ok?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh3zky7swf...B5%A0.rar?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by shearder View Post
    5.6 ok?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh3zky7swf...B5%A0.rar?dl=0

Thanks! not sure if I already had it but grabbed it to be sure.
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    Thanks! not sure if I already had it but grabbed it to be sure.
    Cool. Still looking ing my archived stuff for the other

Page 14 of 14 4121314