585,997 active members*
5,156 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Need Automotive Parts cast. (aluminum)

Basically we are in the very early stages of designing an intake manifold for a performance car application. I have looked around for some people that are willing to do it. But have not had too much luck.

I am looking for someone who is willing to do some smaller quantity batches, to start out with. There are many other parts that we would want to do if this went well.

I need someone that is willing to discuss general pricing without to much information on my end, I am basically just looking for ball park figures and what kind of quantities we would be looking at.

I ONLY WANT SOMEONE IN THE USA. It means something to us to have our parts made here.

For people not too sure what an intake manifold is. I got this quick picture for reference. (not exactly what we will be needing, but it gets the idea across)

If you could please PM me your contact information, we can go from there. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BEfab View Post
    Basically we are in the very early stages of designing an intake manifold for a performance car application. I have looked around for some people that are willing to do it. But have not had too much luck.

I am looking for someone who is willing to do some smaller quantity batches, to start out with. There are many other parts that we would want to do if this went well.

I need someone that is willing to discuss general pricing without to much information on my end, I am basically just looking for ball park figures and what kind of quantities we would be looking at.

I ONLY WANT SOMEONE IN THE USA. It means something to us to have our parts made here.

For people not too sure what an intake manifold is. I got this quick picture for reference. (not exactly what we will be needing, but it gets the idea across)

If you could please PM me your contact information, we can go from there. Thanks!
    Message my friend jim up.

Aluminum Castings from Hawver Aluminum Foundry Inc.

He designed a casting looks pretty much like yours.

Hawver Motorsports Inc.

so he has experience in that sort of stuff.

Tell him garrett sent you.

[email protected]

Hello,
    My name is James Galvin, I'm with Harris Pattern Works. We would be happy to quote these castings for you. We would need more details (overall dims, alloy, quantity expectations etc.) to give you a ball park quote I'd be comfortable with. Send an email to [email protected] and we will begin the process.

Thank you,
    James Galvin
    Harris Pattern Works

Contact Alcast Company. They make many castings like this, especially for the automotive industry. They specialize in permanent mold castings with sand cores. This produces a high quality casting that is more cost effective than a traditional sand mold casting if the quantities are right.

They also have a full machine shop and can do all of the machining needed.

ALCAST COMPANY
    8821 North University Street
    Peoria, Illinois 61615-1674
    Phone (309) 691-5513
    FAX (309) 691-9031

Alcast Company RFQ - Request for Quote