585,982 active members*
4,572 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Spindle is driven via Haas Vector Drive 40/50 Hp

Spindle is driven via Haas Vector Drive 40/50 Hp

Dear Friends,
    I have a problem on Haas Vector Drive 50/50 HP. The problem is, when the stop code is given, spindle is stopping without any problem up to 980 rpm. But over the 1000 rpm spindle stopping as if without brake and stopping the spindle is take a lot of time. Has any one encountered with the problem? Can anyone help me about the problem?
    Thank you
    http://www.edim.com.tr

Spindle coasts to a stop

Problems stopping from a higher speed are usually caused by a problem with the "regen load resistor". This is the box marked HOT at the top of the cabinet. If the spindle coasts to a stop there should also be an alarm that occurs at the same time. It might be "overvoltage". That would indicate that the regen load is simply disconnected or the electronics in the drive is not working. A smaller parameter value for spindle decleration (maybe half) would verify if there is just more energy going into the resister than it can handle. Still, replacement parts for drive and regen-load are available from your dealer.

Thank you Dear sir, I have also thought the REGEN rezistor. I have already checked The rezistor. The Rezistor is normal. Machine sometimes was giving "Overvoltage" error message but not continuously. Depend on your idea I will check 75N120 IGBT and its electronic control command on circuit board.
    Thank you again.
    With my best regards,
    Tayfun Kusluoglu
    http://www.edim.com.tr