585,727 active members*
4,028 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fubared T32B Mazatrol

Hi guys, long time no see. Still makin' chips, still having my way with machine controls, but this is a new one on me. The shop I'm working at has this old T32B that has some issues. I'm not sure what all is wrong with it, but I'm hoping we can figure it out. As of right now I get the 128 E-Stop alarm upon start-up. I have no idea how to clear it besides reinitialising the control. Before I do this I was hoping I could get some reassurance from you guys that the parameters are safe and sound on the EEPROM so I can restore them in memory after I wipe her out. I have zero documentation for this machine or control, so I'm winging it here.

I will be calling mazak tomorrow and I have a friend who knows these machines inside and out, but I'm hoping that some of you can help as well. Plus, I am hoping that this thread will be helpful to someone else. I have found very little info online about this control and how to fix/troubleshoot it.

Come on, guys. Show me some love.

128 is usually just a general E-stop. you might want to check what your axis drives are displaying, also your spindle drive one of them could be generating the alarm. i would only recommend reintializing as a last solution. also you could check in the diagnsos page to see if you have any other alarms.

Thanks Cruiser, I'll do that and post my results here.

This is really just like a pet project that I've taken on during my spare moments, so I don't really feel the need to jump the gun and re-initialize the control if I don't need to. I would like to hook a pc to the thing and use EMC to control it. That would be sweet.

Well, my guru buddy called and determined that I have a short. My parameters appear to be intact and judging by what I was able to tell him, he thinks the e-stop circuit is making ground somewhere. Now the problem becomes finding the short. I have no schematics or paperwork, so I have no idea where to start. He mentioned a 24 volt power supply in the cabinet that I should look at first but I don't know how to recognise it. Any hints?

Well you could check the PD21 voltages which is the NC power supply. It is located in the electrical cabinet. it is located in the control rack on your right side. it also has test pins that you could check i believe the voltages are listed right next to the test pins and so is the ground.

Just a quick update. Mice have gotten in somewhere and destroyed the E-Stop circuit. I gotta go through it now and find where it's been chewed and is now shorting out.

So, there ya go, a short circuit in the 24 volt E-Stop circuit.