586,005 active members*
4,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > BMC 40 MAX 2 no keyboard response

BMC 40 MAX 2 no keyboard response

HELP!!!!! We have a BMC 40 Max 2 that when we power up, it will come to the config screen but the F8 exit key would not work, I have also tried pushing the number 8 key and input but that would not work either. Also pressing the Graphics key will not bring up the graphics screen either. I am not getting any keyboard response from anything. I have ohmed out the cable from the FPCC board back to the personality board and no breaks or shorts, I have also tried a different personality board with no change. I am considering changing out the console completely if I can not find any other solutions. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Check that you don't have any keys stuck down.
    If you haven't, look in the console for the CRT controller board. On there you will find an MC1488 and an MC1489 ic.
    Change these for new.
    Look on the CPU board in the cabinet. Under the graphics board there will also be an MC1488 and an MC1489. (U14 and U15). Replace these also.
    Hopefully, that will sort your problem.

Bloke,

Thanks for the info. We do have a lot of trouble with the keys sticking and that was the first thing I tried. It feels like I have movement in all of them so I don't think that was it. I will try replacing the 2 chip sets and see. Will let you know. Thanks again.