585,737 active members*
4,953 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Pass Through?

Any advice would be appreciated. My morntech 3050d has pass through doors, but in order to pass anything through the bed has to be lowered a bit and hence putting the beam out of focus. Am I overlooking something? Here is a tiny pic from the web.
    [IMG] [/IMG]

Can you post a pic of your laser lens assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by lrob View Post
    Can you post a pic of your laser lens assembly.
    this is the Morn MT-L960

Here it is...[IMG]

Hows that MornTech working for you? i have the large MT-L960 80w with all the options in transit to me as we speak and got it at a super price!

This looks very similiar to my laser. Mine has a set screw for removing the lens assembly. By loosening the set screw you should be able to raise and lower the lens and be able get the correct focus you need.

Larry

It's my first machine, and it has treated me right. I've read some horror stories about imported lasers, but this machine was ready to go on day one. I sometimes wish I had a larger bed, but 12 x 20 suits my needs most of the time. I would also kill for an an adobe illustrator plug in.

Thanks Larry. Which screw would you say, there is one which is barely visible behind the air hose, and a couple others.

That worked, thanks Larry. These machines don't always have the best support literature.

laser

you do not have a pass through access, all opening have to be closed before the laser will operate.There is talk of making a laser case with a small openning front and back no micro switches allowing a large object to pass through but has to be only 3/4 to 1 in thick
    Also you should get or make a focus templateout of plexiglass then you loosen the fitting on the head and manually focus

Typical chinese mistake - have pass thru doors but forgot make them enough to move material in focus.

pass through

with mine i think i could focus on 1/2 to 3/4 ,material if i had pass through(or cut it out my self)

Hey all,
    Just to clarify the pass through works, doors open and all.

From your first post "in order to pass anything through the bed has to be lowered a bit and hence putting the beam out of focus"

In GCC lasers for example, with opened door table have enough space for moving up and down to accept practically any thickness of material and set it in focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Litografa View Post
    From your first post "in order to pass anything through the bed has to be lowered a bit and hence putting the beam out of focus"

In GCC lasers for example, with opened door table have enough space for moving up and down to accept practically any thickness of material and set it in focus.
    Basically what Lito is saying is that if you had spent another 26k you would'nt have had to adjust anything on your 50w laser......... although what he fails to mention is not every hobbyist can afford a high priced GCC laser.
    What he also fails to mention is anyone with a understanding how these machines operate can upgrade a china machine for still less then what a GCC sells for and still have enough to buy a new car.
    Spending 10k on a 12w GCC laser is pretty dayum goofy and spending 31k on a GCC 60w is even goofier for a hobbyist or even for a small business owner.

:cheers: of course you are right
    GCC is for making money
    China is for hobby

peace!