585,754 active members*
3,916 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Preditor editor question

Preditor editor question

Well I took the plunge an purchased a seat of V23 with dongle from E-bay. Been playing with it and think I like it but when I first got it I could do a backplot on the Preditor editor, something changed and now there is no Icon to do this and under the file menue there is no backplot option. I think that maybe my license does not support this and when I was able to do this the first time I was in the 5 day trial time. I can use the editor to send to the machine an do edits, are there different levels of Preditor that come with Bobcam? Mike

If you open up your BobCAD V23 and go to Help - License and check out the level of Editor. You must have level 2 (there is no level 3)

I have looked under the Help menue and under simulation there is nothing checked, on the Version that have checks they are 1, I don't remember a Preditor column. I can DNC feed to and from the machine so I must have some Preditor option.

See the attached pic.

Every so often the backplot menu item will randomly disappear but closing Editor and reopening usually does the job.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BCC_EDIT_License.jpg  

What OS are you running (XP/Vista/7)?

What build BobCAD are you running (under Help)?

I have had mine disappear several times. I usually have to uninstall/reinstall to get it back. Hasn't happened in quite a while now, I am running build 1812. Not sure if that is linked to the Predator issue or not...

Running on Vista Version 23 build I think is 12xx, I have the Preditor editor and am able to upload / download to the machine so I thought that I should be able to run backplot but since I brought off Ebay not sure what I am entitled to, did not know if that was an option or not. I also have Preditor Virtual CNC but do not have any idea how to run it. Mike

At a minimum, I would update your BBCD build. They are free to download, your license key allows it to run. You can download them here:

BobCAD-CAM | CAD-CAM Software for CNC Machines including: Mill, Lathe, Wire EDM, Laser, Plasma, Waterjet, Routers and much more.

Some people don't like the 1812 build, so if you can find the 15## build, you can try that too. I would remove the install for both BBCD and Predator that you have now, and load these in to see if it "comes back"...

Also, I think you have to use "Run as Administrator" in Vista - I know you do in 7, and don't in XP. That could be another reason for it "missing"...

You are correct about the Run as Admin and I am doing that, I seen the 1812 update in Bobcads web page but where could I get a 15xx build from? Have you had problems with the 1812 build?

I use 1812, but some other posters have had some issues. You would need to find 1594 (I think) from someone that already downloaded it and saved it - try a new post.

Untitled
    click on untitled above