585,758 active members*
4,483 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > cincinatti hawke 150 spindel drive

cincinatti hawke 150 spindel drive

Hi to all and to anyone who is interested,going back a while now I had all sorts of problems with my hawke 150 ranging from machine would'nt boot up to all sorts of errors with spindel drive and other control faults.Now I must admit more than once I had serious thoughts of rapping a chain around the machine and dragging it out the front of our workshop and sending it of to the scrap heap.But memories of how nice a work it did and how accurate the machine is(and how much it still owes me) made me persist in getting it back to running again,now as far as the horrible wacking noise on spindel start up and speed change goes,it worked out to be a sick VFS5 spindel drive unit that was in a very simplified way dialing the current to the motor all over the place.And the people that got this all sorted out for me was Mike Kilroy and his techs,and I have to say these guys are good people to deal with and really know there stuff with these drives(thanks guys).And of coarse the sg current limiting thermistor on the input board had to give me something to scratch my head over,and of coarse there was batteries on the work station board and realtime board,along with the power supply change out and hard drive,all com wires on spindel motor loose(never appeared to be tighten at factory,as seal never broken)and of coarse the reseating of the boards several times along with fans changed in cabinet and other places because of blockage.Man it does'nt get any better does it.But shes up and running again like a clock and with a bit of luck for a long while to come? Greg.

Glad to have helped make you a happy camper again with your Cincinnati machine!

Thanks for the warm words too!

Hope you make a million bucks with that machine now!