585,974 active members*
4,219 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Arrow 500 spindle tool change position

Arrow 500 spindle tool change position

hello all

I have everything ready to roll on my Arrow 500 with my new power supply and spindle drive

I’ve loaded the tools and aligned the machine but, when I tried a tool change command, the spindle rotated about 90 degrees off the align position (didn’t crash… kept my eye on it)

Normally, the spindles align position and the tool change position are the same (or very close).

Is this a parameter that needs to be changed with MotionLink Plus or do I need to reposition the spindle drive belts to let the drive think it is in tool change position or is this a parameter of the A2100 that needs changed? (6000 RPM high torque spindle)

OR should i follow the advice in the attachment in this link - http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cincin...dle_motor.html

thanks for any advice
    Mac :cheers:

got it guys

apparently, you can set this up several different ways per Mike Kilroy

i used the MotionLink Plus software on a laptop hooked the VFS5... took about 15 minutes

This is from Mike
    "So you can do one of 4 things:

1. follow the procedure shown in the attached old doc I got from cmi to set this (not my doc)
    2. go in with motionlink and type P P1, see what it is set to now and then type P1 newnumber to reset it to somewhere else. trial and error
    3. reset it thru ML like in 2 but read the act pos with P PRD then set P1 to this number
    4. change your belts to match spot you want"

the attached file is the CMI doc - basically, the same as the doc in the link from the first post but, IT HAS PICTURES!

hope this helps out someone in the future and thanks to Mike Kilroy for the help

Mac:cheers:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Glad it worked out well!

and Thanks for the kind words, it was our pleasure!

This post is what I have been looking for all day. Thanks for your help.

Later version of motionlink

I just downloaded motionlink and it seems to be a later version. Could one of you help me with the new screens? I can follow directions but I am not confident enough to try on my own.
    tia

just sent u a pm to see if we can connect.

Mike thank you for all your help. I am up and running now. I have 2 more identical vmc's that I have to change the belts on and then maybe they will last 10 more years. I do have 1 more question though. Even though there is a lot of slack in the belts per the manual. Should I run for a certain amount of hours and recheck tension? I do appreciate all the help available on this forum and Mike thanks for the pm's.

I'm electrical not mechanical engineer but I do believe I've heard folks say to tighten to right amount and then check again latter as needed - sorta like a new chain for a chainsaw.

Glad you got er going!