585,749 active members*
4,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Rhino 3D > seeking Rhino expert for paid tutoring

seeking Rhino expert for paid tutoring

I am trying to learn Rhino quickly. In my experience one spends 90% of one's learning time trying to find answers to 10% of the problems. When I get stuck and can't find solutions in the training materials, I find that it saves enormous amounts of time to ask an expert. I am looking for someone who is willing to spend 20 minutes on the phone with me once or twice a week and look at files I send occasionally. I will gladly pay a consulting fee for such expert help. I have a nice cnc router system (60" x 36" x 6") on order and would also trade cutting time on my machine for design help.

Quote Originally Posted by routerchuck View Post
    I am trying to learn Rhino quickly. In my experience one spends 90% of one's learning time trying to find answers to 10% of the problems. When I get stuck and can't find solutions in the training materials, I find that it saves enormous amounts of time to ask an expert. I am looking for someone who is willing to spend 20 minutes on the phone with me once or twice a week and look at files I send occasionally. I will gladly pay a consulting fee for such expert help. I have a nice cnc router system (60" x 36" x 6") on order and would also trade cutting time on my machine for design help.
    I have been using Rhino for 3 years or so. Before that, no experience.
    Now I am making all kinds of things mostly from 2D drawings which get cut 2.5D and 3D.
    The most challanging things so far have been boat hulls.

There are some methods you can use that will help you get up to speed.

Firstly go through the tutorials even the stuff that does not seem relevant.

Try and design whatever it is that you are doing. when you get bored or frustrated, stop. Open up the help section and pick something. something random, something that maybe relevant to what you are doing.. doesn't matter.
    Read what it says and try it out. see how it works. Even if it doesn't make any sense first time around, the time will not be wasted.
    Making a habit of going through things in the help section will load your mind up with things that will become useful in the future.

Many times I have noticed myself heading for useful tools that I would have otherwise not known about.

After a while, all the fragments of knowledge start to slot together and the stumbling blocks disappear.

The first hull I did took more than a week to make and wasn't very good. that was a couple of years ago.
    The last one I did took 3 hours.
    I haven't done many hulls. (maybe 5) Its not so much practice but an understanding of how to approach problems and the way lines and surfaces work.

Wouldn't exactly call myself an expert as there are many more than twice the tools in Rhino than I actually use. but will gladly help If you are getting stuck on something.

same boat

have you seen "cadjunkies" videos on youtube? he has a ton of video tutorials on rhino. I purchased a cd called" Learning Rhino 4.0" that has 86 video tutorials and it covers everything. I have watched them three or four times and learn something new everytime I watch them. Where you located at? Im in Ohio. Every June and July there is a Rhino class at Mansfield highschool for free.

IMHO routerchuck have problem "howtodothis" kind.
    I working with rhino more than 2 years, and cannot call myself professional.
    My opinion Rhino is very sensitive, it have at least two ways to create same thing.
    I learning Rhino by "Rhino 4 visual tips" video lessons. Very useful for me, but i think he need different way to learn this prog.
    The best way is get his model, turn on remote desktop for him, and lead him throw your usual workflow step by step fixing his model problems with comments.
    I can do this, of course only covered by my exeprience. Contact me by pm please.