585,752 active members*
3,712 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

H-400 table not indexing

As the title states, the table will not index. (This is the standard 1 degree indexing table.) No alarm is given. It just does nothing. Also, the LED indicator above the door that should show table index degrees and tool # is blank. The drive for the index motor (MV-4) has two red LEDs that are lit up. They are LED1 and TL. I do not know what these indicate. I was only able to verify that the incoming power is ok.

I'm suspicious of the M/T Controller as it has two LED lights that are flashing randomly. They are LD0 and LD1. They are both coming on and off, sometimes flashing quickly, sometimes staying on for a while. They also vary in brightness. Again, I don't know what these indicate, but the flashing doesn't seem right to me. Also, LD4 is lit, but this is on all the time.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on what I should be looking at. I'm more of a Fanuc guy, so this Mazatrol is a bit confusing to me. Thanks in advance.

The TL LED on the MV4 is a tach loss. Led1 is a direction command I think. You need to clear the tach loss by recycling the main power off/on. Check to see if the red tach loss alarm has cleared. If it has, zero out all axis and give the index table a short index command in MDI and the table should unclamp, index to the commanded position and clamp.
    After clearing the TL alarm and zeroing out all axis you can also find the MT 0 button and turn it on then give the table a B0 command and the table will index around a couple of times and clamp up at 0 degrees. On the bigger horizontals, the MT 0 switch is behind the little door for the CMT/RS232 connectors. This procedure only works one time-each time you recycle power.
    LD 0 on the MT controller is normally blinking. If it is not blinking something is wrong with the MT- Data corrupt, parameters, or a dead battery. LD 1 blinking is an address output and could be a pulse signal or something such as that.
    If the table tries to move and another tacho loss is generated on the MV 4, you probably have a cable problem or a mechanical problem causing the tach loss.

Thanks for the response! I've been busy with other things but am back trying to fix this machine now. The machine has been off for a while, so I turned it on, and upon turning on the main disconnect, the tach loss LED and LED1 light up on the MV4 right away. Turning the power off and on did not clear these LEDs or change anything else.

I did notice that after recycling power the last time, the LED index position indicator over the door came on- still no movement, though.

I checked the battery on the MT controller, and it seems fine.

You mentioned that LD 0 on the MT controller should normally be blinking. Mine comes on and off, but I wouldn't say it's blinking. It's quite random-- sometimes staying off for a few minutes. Could this indicate my problem?

Please let me know if you have any other ideas. Thank you.

OK, now it seems that LD 0 on the MT controller isn't coming on at all anymore. Since the battery is good, I'm guessing that maybe the parameters somehow got messed up??? Does anyone have a procedure to check/set the parameters on this unit?