Hello- Longtime reader of the forums…1st time poster.

I am using Pro/E WF4.0 to create .mfg files for crankshaft machining. We are using Mazak E-650HS Multitasking centers to get the majority of the work completed and they do a good job of it for the most part.

Currently, we are in the process of developing an ICAM18 CAM POST post-processor which will allow me to generate the majority of the code from .mfg files. Our programs are heavy on macro variable and sub-routine methods, so a complete all in one .mfg file would be tough to replicate without numerous insert and CL command statements.

One area we are working thru is the use of G68 3d coordinate rotation while machining a simultaneous XYZBC eccentric milling sequence.

I would be interested in learning more about different techniques some of you may have employed, what you have done to get a post which works for your needs and if you have went to the next level and married your post with ICAM's simulation/verification software Virtual Machine.

If you have any experience with these type of issues, please reply. Thanks for your help!