585,761 active members*
3,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > FUN things for your plasma oxy/fuel machine....

FUN things for your plasma oxy/fuel machine....

Here are a couple of files that might be useful.

Anybody have any other fun stuff?

The slat curver is for the underneath of the slats to put a bow or curve in them. The slat holder is for 3/16" X 4" slats on 3" centers. They can be modified of course to fit any thickness/width.

The 45 degree pivot now has 8/32 screws to hold the mount to the torch, the other side is the magnetic break away. Worked great. I think I will make a couple more with different angles. the slots are tabbed for .100", which is for 12ga.

WSS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo120.jpg   Photo122.jpg   Photo123.jpg   Photo170.jpg  

Photo162.jpg   Photo163.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    www.metaltechus.com

That 45 degree mount is brilliant. I would have never thought about that

Nice! I hope you dont mind, but am copying your magnetic torch holder. Keep the ideas coming!

bbchevy

I did the same thing but I found that using the magnetic base from a harbor freight dial indicator arm actually works better. They only cost about $12 as opposed to $50 and they are more powerful. The only downside is you have to weld it to your z plate

Thanks for posting the slat holders. I had just cut out some and I made them the wrong size and was going to have to redraw them, but your turned out to be perfect and I like the notching on the bottom of the slits

I wonder if you could build a angle block that had a variable angle that way you could set it to the exact angle you needed and the cut parts needed to make it wouldn't have to be perfect get an exact 45 degree. I may have to draw this up and try it

Looks great. I am more interested in the magnetic torch holder though, do you have any more pictures of this?

Cheers
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dpac View Post
    Looks great. I am more interested in the magnetic torch holder though, do you have any more pictures of this?

Cheers
    Dave
    Here is some info. I cannot find the dxf of the assembly right now. I will have to hunt it down. Please, copy it. Even better, make some improvements and post it back here.

The notches on the bottom of the slat holder make for a nice flat spot where the slat bottoms out.

A variable angle mount would be really nice. I need to do 50 degrees once in a while and have to use oxy to do it. I think the shielded Hypertherm torch will have a max angle of about 50 degrees. I looked it over when doing the 45 and kinda gauged anymore than 50 would put the arc too far away.

WSS

30mm MagSquare : Magswitch - Magswitch

Shaft Collars, Rigid Shaft Couplings and Problem Solving Mechanical Components from Stafford Manufacturing Corp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails attachment-3.jpg   attachment-1.jpg   attachment-2.jpg   attachment.jpg  

www.metaltechus.com

Wink

Why doesn't somebody make a compound attachment plate...like on a lathe. Then angles are easily set as is zeroing out. As it's only holding a torch, it doesn't have to be massive, it simply needs to have markings for various angles and the ability to rotate and lock.

Make it out of aluminum, anodize it pretty colors, laser-mark the indicator lines on, incorporate a magnetic breakaway torch mount.

It's not rocket science...I'm completely baffled why simple & common-sense accessories and applications are ignored by the OEM and aftermarket vendors.

And BTW...since I posted it here, if someone uses the idea, they can't patent the f@#$ing thing and charge out the wazoo for it. So I hope everybody and their brother makes one and the prices are reasonable.