586,000 active members*
4,834 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Sabre 500 A2100 (Axes drive not enabled) Help

Question Sabre 500 A2100 (Axes drive not enabled) Help

I am new to this machine so I am still trying to figure out some of these errors. This one I am stuck on. When I press the green button on the controller it powers up for 10 seconds then comes up with this error.

"Axes drive not enabled" and shuts back off. I don't see any errors on the drives and I am not sure were to begin

Thanks

drives have small u before you push green button. then they should go to "1" with a decimal point to the right of it if the drive is ok.

If one of the drives does not have 1. then it is not ready and probably reporting to the control a fault. the control watches the drive fault contacts to be sure they are all ok; these are normally open contacts on C3 front screw terminal strip - pins 5&6. so you can check across these to see if you have 0 volts (good) or 24v (means it is open = bad).

the spindle drive and PA50 power supply also have fault contacts that need to be closed for the drives to stay on.

let us know how u do.

Were do I find the u or the 1. I only know of indicator lights on the front of the drives. This is a 1994 machine with BDS4 drives and VDS5 Spindle drive. Thanks for the help

oops - thought u had servostar drives not bds4's right they ave lites instead. depending on age. red is bad green is good. enable does not come on for that 10 sec at all?

The three drives seem to come on fine. 3 green lights on each. For ten sec. Could it have anything to do with the spindle drive.

Thanks

drive enable

hello
    yes it could be a problem with either the spindle drive or power supply.
    110v is supplied to the power supply and if no internal faults are detected then 110v is passed on to the spindle drive. again internal checks are made and if no faults the 110v is passed on ( thru the regen overload )to pull in M20 which enables the three phases to the power supply which supplies power to the axis drives.
    there is also a similar internal check on each of the axis drives with a 24vdc signal but because all three drives go from 1 red and 1 green led then i think that the axis drives are ok. please supply the electrical drawing number if you require more help. the number is found on the silver label on the outside of the elecrical cabinet door. its the bottom number and will begin 9120.
    regards
    mallardfizz

Yep, as Mallardfiz said it could be the vfs5 or the power supply. The power supply is not likley your problem tho since it makes the logic voltages for the servo drives to run and since they go green for that 10 sec that part of the power supply is ok. Any lites on the power supply (psr4/5-250 probably?)?

What lites are on the spindle drive before you push the green button?
    What lites are on the spindle drive during the 10 sec after you push the green button?

The first light does not come on. (Active Light) The one under that and the CPU light stay on.

of course active lite shud come 0n when you press green button. so the problem appears to be the spindle drive is not happy. anything change lately with it? did something happen that preceeded this problem? active comes on when remote enable comes on on front connector - cooking maple syrup down to the last few gallons right now so cant lookup pins but that is what you should look to see if turning on - like pin 8 & 15 or so on 20pin white molex connector - will look up later.

I just started digging into this machine. It has been sitting around for 2-3 years in a warehouse. Got it for nothing knowing that it might not run. But it was supposedly taken out running. It had a stuck servo. I freed that and it all seem to be powering up. I aligned the axes fine and than it popped and the screen went blank and when it powered back up I had this error. Maybe some thing shorted in the spindle drive I didn't see any evidence of anything.

Thanks
    Dan

email me direct and I can help more..... mike-at-KilroyWasHere.com (replace -at- with @ symbol) I am in and out watching my fire....

Mike do you have a website?

Kilroy was here

Been a long weekend cookin 130 gal sap down to 3.5 gal maple syrup. I look forward to talking to you tomorrow and helping you get this running!