585,974 active members*
4,523 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Letter spaces

Hello
    Running a 15m controller and it won't run arithmetic inputs.When ever I input it,the controller puts a space between each letter.
    example:
    IF[#100EQ10]GOTO30 will come out in the program as I F[ # 100E Q] G O T O30.
    Had this happen with drip feed from a PC on another machine but never in the controller itself.I think I changed a parameter or a setting:cheers: last time but can't remember what 1.

Your symptom is exactly what occurs when the Custom Macro option does not exist in the CNC. You'll also notice that the macro variable page is missing from this control.

I thought all 15m controllers had this.How can the drilling cycles(G73) ect work without a math statement or macro.Know where I could download this option?
    Thanks

lol,
    basic canned cycles are in fanuc software, but macro A and B are ALWAYS option.
    please check in your offset screen if you have the "macro" soft key under the screen ....

It appears that the macroB option is not installed on your control. You will get spaces sometimes if you enter 0(zeros) instead of O(ohhs) or vise versa. But what I am seeing does not appear to be the case.

As a quick check in MDI mode type #1=5. EOB and cycle start. If you get an alarm you do not have the option installed.

FYI even the canned cycles are options on the control. If the G73 cycle works then it is turned on. However the canned cycle option is a separate option of the macroB option.

Stevo

It's been a while and trying to find the book I wrote all my programing and parameter settings for these controllers.I'll be really surprised to see a Karaki mill that only has basic functions in the controller.Took me a week to realize I was in the wrong P8000 pwe to remove the write protect.Was looking all over the panel for a key or switch that would let me edit parameters,when I should been in "settings" P8000 PWE.
    Love a challenge even if I had B4..LOL

If you PM me your 9100 parameters I can take a look at them and tell you if that is the problem or not.

You will be suprised what is not added into the machine. It is MTB added but driven by the enduser if they want that function or not. It could have also been that it was turned off by clearing of the parameters and never turned back on.

Stevo

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    If you PM me your 9100 parameters I can take a look at them and tell you if that is the problem or not.

You will be suprised what is not added into the machine. It is MTB added but driven by the enduser if they want that function or not. It could have also been that it was turned off by clearing of the parameters and never turned back on.

Stevo
    I'm thinking it might be the latter,or HOPING

9x00 0 0 0 0 0 x x.all others are zero

I noticed Gcode Macro calls have been put in some of the 7050 parameters.So this mill must have the option shut off.
    Also I don't think all 15M's have a macro soft key on the offset page,I know the Toshiba I ran never had 1 and it had macro capability.

Just because you have custom calls in the 7500 range does not mean that this was a substitute for macroB programming as it is different.

FYI you are probably going to get the 9100 bits you posted xx out. That is why I asked for them in a PM. These parameters are proprietary to Fanuc and should not be posted publicly.

Are you trying to tell me that ALL of the parameters from 9100-about 9147 are empty except 9100?? I am completely shocked. To be honest I am really surprised that your machine even functions. If this is the case then yes you defiantly do not have macroB option.

Do you not have any original parameters for this machine? I cannot believe that such a minimal amount is active in the control.

Stevo

[QUOTE=stevo1;901441]Just because you have custom calls in the 7500 range does not mean that this was a substitute for macroB programming as it is different.

Yes but a G101 or G109 that does nothing.Looks like a call to a custom macro to me.What other purpose would they be there for.
    But glad to see I'm not the only 1 shocked that this thing is so basic.I have never seen 1 on a machine of this quality and size with so little options,not in this area.It got messed when they moved it from the original owner.It had to.
    Cheers

It can be a bit confusing. Calling a custom macro with a custom code is different from programming code with custom macroB. Don’t quote me on this but IIRC you do not need macroB option installed in order to use the custom codes.

As an example if you wanted to use a custom code like G101 to make your machine go to a safe position for whatever reason you can set the 7500 parameters to call a program using the G101 and in that program you can program something like.

G0G90G80
    G91G28X0Y0Z0
    M99

Nothing in the code above is programmed using macroB option. Think of it as using the M98P() subprogram call function.

Stevo

True...I see what u r saying

I knew there had to be more. I will take a look at your PM and get back to you when I have time. I am out of town and have nothing with me at the moment.

Stevo

A lot of things missing on this machine.Spindle won't stop when you stop a program.Rapid goes full out on each axis when u MDI a location.Instead of adjusting feed rate so they both arrive to the point at the same time.Trying to get ahold of the original parameters.....:bat:

Fabio1,
    I apologize for the delay. I got your PM and I have plugged in your parameters and have not had a chance to label them in detail and see. I will look at them in the morning when I get to work.

The problem that you are having with the "full out" in each axis is a parameter setting which I will look up in the morning. I have had to change this on many machines including one with your series control so no biggy, don't sweat it.

Stevo

You do not have macroB installed on your control.

As to your positioning issue it is parameter 1400.4 that needs to be set to 0. This is for linear interpolation and non-linear interpolation.

Stevo

I got your PM and am starting to question what your actual problem is with the axis movement. When you mean the movement of the axis do you mean that they are moving at the same rate to reach the commanded position at the same time? Or do you mean that the override does not work and it moves at 100%?

The parameter I gave 1400.4 is for the way the axis move in rapid traverse. If 1400.4 is set to 1 (00010000) then the axis will move in non-linear movements so IOW if programmed and X, Z movement distance to the commanded position in X is 1” and the distance in Z is 8” then the X will get to its position before the Z will. If you set 1400.4 to 0 and apply the same theory then the X and Z will arrive at the same time which means the X movment rate will be slowed down to acheive this.

Stevo

Yes ,they do not arrive at the same time(non-linear).So I will have to set to 0.This thing is a mess,they have no back up for it.Which makes me wonder if all the timers are set properly.Just noticed it won't helical interpolate(do a circle and plunge in -z at the same time).This is going to be a project
    Thanks for info

Well then I have a funny feeling that you and I are going to be working together for a bit.

Stevo

Page 1 of 2 12