585,949 active members*
4,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Toy Motor Brass Belt Pulley

Hello. I found this site today. It looks like a great community. I need about 50 small belt pulleys made. They are about 3/16 diameter, 3/16 tall with a 5/64 shaft hole to be pressed on a toy motor shaft of 2mm. The pulley will have a V-groove for the 1/8 square belt. The V groove is a certain diameter.(I'll have to measure it again.) It's just easier to send an example to copy. I also have the 3/16 brass rod stock to send.

I'm not sure how this works, but any help, I would be greatful! And I only use paypal for payments!

Thx, Richard

Ok, I added a link to pictures and measurements. http://voiceofthemummy.com/BrassPulley.aspx

PM Sent

Hi Richard,

I sent you a PM

Sam
    Cncspec.com

More information

Richard,

I am interested in helping with your project but need more information. Could you send me a diagram or even a photo of your part? Also I assume the "v" groove would be .177 wide?

I could provide the material if that would help. What type of finish do you require?

Get back to me and I will crank one out tomorrow and get back to you with a quote.

Regards

Art Champeny
    ACS Machine
    China Lake

I added a link and some measurements corrections

I added a link and some measurements corrections

Thanks for the info

Richard,

Ok the photos answer most of the questions but you do not say anything about tollerances. I will assume the only importand dimensions are the through-hole diameter (so it fits snug on the shaft), and the groove diameter (so you get the right "gear ratio").

If you have any other input, let me know. Otherwise I will go with what I've got.

Regards

That's correct with tolerance. The correct gear ratio and fitting snug on the shaft!

Samples

How do these look? Quote in PM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails brass pulley.jpg  

Art, what is your website address? I can't find it. thx, Rich

LAnty, Go to the link in the RFQ. It has all of the info you need.

I am not interested in this part as we have lots of guys fighting over beer money. A toy v-belt should work just like one on full scale engines and machinery. I hope someone asked you for belt dimensions, that is what is important. You want the v-belt contacting the pulley on the sides of the groove and not the bottom. A belt riding on the bottom can slip very easily when there is drag on it. Give the job to the first guy who asked how wide the belt is at top and bottom and the height. Or send the winning bidder the belt to match the groove angle and depth to.

Exactly! Noone really asked but I sent a pulley along with some brass rod. I specified that the pulley v groove is the exact same width and diameter where the v ends be exact. Plus the hole centered with no wobble at 5000rpm and press fit on the motor. Seeing is believing!

Job is complete

It was a tough choice of this RFQ with 2 bids almost at the same time. The job is complete to my satifaction. A big thanks for helping out everyone! Rich:banana:

That link changed to Brass Pulley