584,817 active members*
4,802 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gbowne1 View Post
    I was told earlier that this software was for the 6MB. A few weeks back I was given some 6M software ROM's along with a few of the 10T components I bought.

The power supply and input unit came Monday via FedEx. Got three A06B-6047-H002's back from the place that rebuilt them. The three servos are going to the shop to get rebuilt and certified.

I'm trying my best to get the wiring done with the help of a friend of mine who happens to be a industrial & commercial eleictrician.

Greg
    I'd say save your money on the servo motors...test spin them(a shorted commutator will cause it to feel draggy every 90 degrees), short the pins and try to turn- if deliberately shorted, rotating will be hard- but tells you the motors in decent shape to start with. get a couple cans of paint and tear into them...diamond-turn the commutator(if needed- be sure the undercuts remain, usually you can turn a few times without undercutting), blow out all the dust, reverse wrap 400 paper around the comm, twist to sand new brushes in the perfect arc, punch a couple dimples on the brass oldham key, remount in thick moly grease(removes ANY shake that will cause a buzzy motor). reassemble, run on a regulated dc supply both directions (batteries will do in a pinch), put a light tach on it, twist the brushholder bell to adjust timing as needed to get rpm equal both directions(this will put your 'offset' pot midscale and more importantly balance the torque), paint the motor/cap, and done... a couple hours elbow grease and youve got 3 perfectly fine motors.

if you want to be certain they are perfect, after adjusting timing, on a adjustable supply, run on the nameplate voltage- should run at nameplate rpm or close...if it runs faster, the magnets are getting weak(torque decreases/rpm increases when feild weakens on a dc motor), but they rarely ever go bad. encoders either work or dont- while theyre off, spin- if gritty at all, grab another one...ive replaced bearings in them, its a bear realigning...you can carefully pick the seals out and regrease the outer bearing- or just add a drop of light oil to soften up the old grease.

heck, as many motors as youve got, just clean up a couple and throw them on.

I think you need 402 firmware

I got a extremely good deal on the rebuilds from a servo motor shop that I trust. They did my 15MA's three "S" Red cap AC servos. I have a couple spares of the spindle servo which were cert'd within spec.

I know I have tons of them now.. They told me if they find a bad one they would pay to ship up to 4 more servos including shipping to/from their shop..

I don't have the 402 software.

I know that most mills (and some light lathes) that have DC servos run the 0M servo but I don't have a lot of information on it. Some of it came from Al a long time ago.

My axes board came today. Gee.. need axes cables

Greg

Re: Rebuild of my FANUC 6M system

hi there,

Have you able to complete your project for 6T.

Page 2 of 2 12