585,902 active members*
4,624 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

toyoda problems

hi everyone. i'm new to the forums.

i have a second job working part time at a machine shop. they have aquired some new (second-hand) machines. one is causing some problems. it is a TOYODA FA-45. please forgive my limited knowledge on the subject.

what is happening is they can't get the tool changer to work in the 'program' mode but it will work in the 'MDI' mode. this is the problem.

i'm sorry for the lack of info but it is all i currently understand on the subject.

any help and suggestions are greatly apprieciated

craig

anyone?

No1 tool changer problems can often present a challenge, Toyoda had several different versions, some with a separate PLC running the machine control logic, In some cases the tool changer will get out of step as to which is the correct pocket to select and this has to be set up manually throught the PLC keypad.
    The MDI mode works, probabally because you can enter the individual M codes for each function step.
    Tool changer problems 99% of the time come down to either out-of-step condition or limit/proximity switches bad or out of adjustement.
    A control manual for the machine is a must to be able to service.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.