585,712 active members*
3,920 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Controller Cards > POST your CONFIRMED HY-TB4DV-N TB6560 4 axis controller success story

POST your CONFIRMED HY-TB4DV-N TB6560 4 axis controller success story

Lots of info on this TB6560 controller board, and the info that comes with the controller may not be correct, I am having difficulty setting this up. I am replacing a 10 year old Mechtronics controller that was working. I want to add a 4th axis to my sherline mill, but blew two tb6560ahq chips in two separate attempts of configuring this board that I have replaced with new ones from Digikey.
    Using common steppers - KL23H276-30-8B wired in bipolar series configuration. 24v switching supply. Same ones that worked on the Mechtronics. Confirmed the wiring is correct.

I understand there may be an issue with back emf from these switcher supplies, I have 12v transformer based supply I can use, plenty of current capacity, but before anything it would be helpful if someone can post your CONFIRMED working settings:

DIPS, power supply, microsteps, screen shots of your mach3 configs, and/or .xml etc..

Would love to fast track this because a down machine makes no money. I have a couple jobs waiting for milling.

Anyone out there care to save the day and put this issue to rest?

HY-TB4DV-N TB6560 4 axis controller WORKING!

Wow, ~70 reads and not a peep out of anyone. I'm not one to wait around, I used the settings posted below and everything is working, DIPS at 100%, fast decay, 1/2 step. After re-tuning the motor speed and acceleration, it rapids much faster than the old mechatronics.
    DO NOT rely on the owners manual setup config - it is definitely wrong!

Mach3 Motor outputs.

X Dir = 1
    X Step = 16
    Y Dir = 7
    Y Step = 14
    Z Dir = 6
    Z Step = 3
    A Dir = 8
    A Step = 9

Mach3 Output Signals.

Enable1 Pin Number 4
    Enable2 Pin Number 17
    Enable3 Pin Number 5
    Enable4 Pin Number 5

Thanks for the info! Saved me from my frustration

+1
    These settings worked for me

Thanks for the info. I was really confused at first because the pin setup i was given with the driver was completely wrong.

To those of you who are looking for the correct way to set up this board, and where to enter the numbers in the other post.. there's a great instructional video on the Mach3 website. The first tutorial video walks you through Every step for basic setup of your board with the Mach3 software.

ArtSoft USA - Videos

Good luck!

Just wanted to say thanks as these settings helped me get mine working...except my board doesnt have an A axis, has a C instead(so the board has printed on it), so just had to modify that to get the slave X axis working. When set as A the X and A would slowly get out of sync.

Thanks again.

Re: HY-TB4DV-N TB6560 4 axis controller WORKING!

Can't get Z motor to turn both directions. Only turns in one direction.