I've been lurking around CNCzone.com for a few months now, as I want to build a 4 axis cnc router. I was going to build a hobby kind with MDF and stepper motors. Now it seems that in a few months I will have access to a Balestrini linear profiler with 8 heads. The servos are NUM 300v AC motors. The machine is semi-working, and I will be able to have the controllers and computer that runs them, but each controller has a large bundle of wires from the computer connected to it, and I have no idea how any of this works. I have been unable to find any info from either Balestrini or NUM. Since these will be pretty much free, they match my budget of $0, so I'd like to use them if I can. Of course this is big boy stuff and my tiny machine would grow considerably in size and weight as I will also be able to use the ball screws and nuts, the linear bearings and track and some of the metal assemblies off of the machine. It borders on being more than I can chew, but I'd like to give it a go if it is feasible. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Dave