585,670 active members*
4,243 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > NM-135 Y-Axis Adjustment

NM-135 Y-Axis Adjustment

Well I spoke with Novakon regarding the washboard issue (see thread 'One Side Washboard'). During this discussion it was decided that other than the initial step is to check the thrust nut and lock nut on the Y axis. This apparently requires full access to the rear of the machine in order to reach the thrust nut and lock nut. I will try to document the whole procedure for future reference.

I removed the vise, chip cover on the rear of the bed (4 Phillips head screws), the Y axis bed cover (4 Phillips head screws), and the Z axis bellows (4 socket head cap screws, 4 mm drivers).

I removed the upper panel cover on the back (4 Phillips head screws), the mid-cover on the back (4 Phillips head screws), and the connector panel (4 Phillips head screws and 4 disconnect connectors).

I removed the 4 socket head cap screws that secure the entire back cover on the machine and carefully slid this back keeping in mind that there are some wires that will prevent easy removal. These wires include those for the Z axis hall sensor, the Z axis stepper wires, and the Y axis steppers.

As I went to disconnect the wires for the Hall sensor, I noticed that the wires and connector bar are well labeled, but that some of the wires are not connected to the appropriately labeled connector bar stations. Not that bad of an issue, but I may have to re-connect them appropriately.

More later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NVKRebuild24Feb2011 025 (Small).JPG   NVK135Rebuild 001 (Small).JPG