585,922 active members*
3,708 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Visual Mill > Looking to buy a copy of Visual Mill 6.0
Page 1 of 2 12

Looking to buy a copy of Visual Mill 6.0

Hey guys, I have tried negotiating with MecSoft only to have the rude lady tell me that they don’t deal with people like me who want to finance the product. I went to Alibre to see about financing, and the lady there told me they want 50% down which is still more than I can fork over right now. I was hoping to finance 0 down for 12 months which I CAN afford.

Anyone got any options for me? This is so frustrating. It's like no one wants my business! I have had such a bad experience with this so far, that I am tempted to go the illegal rout!

:bat:

Quote Originally Posted by mike102668 View Post
    Hey guys, I have tried negotiating with MecSoft only to have the rude lady tell me that they don’t deal with people like me who want to finance the product. I went to Alibre to see about financing, and the lady there told me they want 50% down which is still more than I can fork over right now. I was hoping to finance 0 down for 12 months which I CAN afford.

Anyone got any options for me? This is so frustrating. It's like no one wants my business! I have had such a bad experience with this so far, that I am tempted to go the illegal rout!

So, just because you go to buy a new car and they won;t give you the financing you want you will go and steal a car off their lot? Its no different.

I have been talking with Mecsoft the past few weeks and they are very helpful. How many software vendors out there that you know of that will finance your purchase for nothing down for 12 months?

Why not go to your local bank and get a signature loan for the cost of the software? I have a running signature loan at my bank I can use in cases like these if I really "have to have" something now.

You might look into a lease-to-own arrangement

Leasing companies will finance software as well as equipment, as long as it's over their minimum amount, and usually they will arrange it so that you own the goods at the end of the payment period. Of course, you would have to qualify for the loan - usually they require that you've been sucessfully in business for a couple of years.

If that's not the case, what about putting it on a credit card? That's how most individuals finance large purchases.

Andrew Werby
    ComputerSculpture.com — Home Page for Discount Hardware & Software

I think you guys mistook my attempt at some humor as literal. I was not going to steel anything and post it for all to see?

The lady I talked with was a bit rude to me but that doesn't mean the company as a whole is bad. My original post was to buy a copy from someone who might have upgraded to something else, I don't even know if that is possible which is why I posted for help. I probably should have just said that, instead of "what are my options", but I figure someone would throw a few ideas on the table.

The credit card option is no option for me because it took me 10 years to get out of debt. I owe nothing, nada, zilch and plan to keep it that way. Getting a small loan from a bank is an option I over looked. My bank has reasonable rates and I might consider this.

The credit card option is no option for me because it took me 10 years to get out of debt. I owe nothing, nada, zilch and plan to keep it that way. Getting a small loan from a bank is an option I over looked. My bank has reasonable rates and I might consider this.

I will agree with you there. I prefer to the route of sig loans to get a cheaper interest rate. Just make sure you get the option to pay it off early with no penalties. I usually get the loan then pay as much as possible over the monthly payment.... Just incase something happens it can give you a few months to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum164 View Post
    I will agree with you there. I prefer to the route of sig loans to get a cheaper interest rate. Just make sure you get the option to pay it off early with no penalties. I usually get the loan then pay as much as possible over the monthly payment.... Just incase something happens it can give you a few months to recover.
    I appreciate the great advice! Thanks Magnum.

I get at least 3 preapproved credit card offers every week, and every one offers zero percent interest for at least a year. Having repaired your credit, are you not getting any offers like this?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by scudzuki View Post
    I get at least 3 preapproved credit card offers every week, and every one offers zero percent interest for at least a year. Having repaired your credit, are you not getting any offers like this?

Joe
    Yea, check the interest rate and fine print on those pre-approved offers. Most are what I consider scams and will get you 20-25% interest rates and you can't pay off the balance early, you have to pay the interest.

read before you sign!

Joe
    When I get any mail from any credit card companys it goes right in the trash un-opened. They had me as their slave for 10 years, I don't want to mess with them any more!

Thanks for for the consideration though.

You could always do a reverse loan.
    Put $50 a week into an account. When it is payed up, go buy the software.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

I don't understand the difference between financing through the software company compared to financing on your own through a credit card?

Yea, check the interest rate and fine print on those pre-approved offers. Most are what I consider scams and will get you 20-25% interest rates and you can't pay off the balance early, you have to pay the interest.

read before you sign!
    Really. Major credit card companies perpetrating scams. Call the FTC!

I have used offers like these for years.

Never paid a dime of interest.

Years ago I financed a new motorcycle with an brand new card at 0% for 12 months. I kept moving the balance to new cards with 0% introductory offers before the current introductory offer expired (they used to let you payoff other cards as part of their offer). I used 4 different cards and never paid a dime of interest. I am not a slave to them, I use their money for NOTHING. Anyone with a little discipline and a calendar can do the same.

Joe

Really. Major credit card companies perpetrating scams. Call the FTC!

I have used offers like these for years.

Joe
    Well, they keep sending me offers saying I have been pre-approved based on my home loan..

Only problem is, I have no home loan....

And if you will notice I said I consider them a scam based on the interest rate. Why would I open credit with someone at 25% even if I know I will pay it off, when my local bank will give me 4% on my CC ????????????? Actually the correct term is Usury not Scam.

I think we are getting off topic major here.

Why would I open credit with someone at 25% even if I know I will pay it off, when my local bank will give me 4% on my CC ?????????????
    I don't know why you would or would not accept such an offer. How do the offers you claim you are getting in any way blemish the legitimate offers I get DAILY that I suggested as a possible remedy to the OP's dilemma?

Joe

sometimes i find the simplest approach is to ask myself "do i need it badly or do i just want it badly " , if i want it badly but its not a good time then i'll wait , if i need it badly then a bit of interest is a small price to pay especially when its only on a couple thousand bucks ,
    sometimes you gotta do what you gatta do to get ahead
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

You know, there's this thing call g-code you can write for free. I've even written them on my computer running Debian (a free OS) using vi (a free text program) and sent the g-codes over to the cnc machine.

selling visualmill 5.0

I have Visualmill 5.0 complete with parallel port dongle...asking $1000.00. contact me for more info...thanks

I have also spoken with reps at MecSoft and had the complete opposite experience. You can also but the standard version, and they will discount you the difference ($200) if you upgrade to pro within a month. I won't go into the details of what was told to me, but they seemed to be very helpful. Then again, it is at the low end price-wise for the features it has, so I can see why they may be a little inflexible, price-wise.

On teh other hand, I inquired as to why I'd be forced to get 4 and 5 axis support with pro if I only have a 3 axis machine. I want the advanced toolpaths, but don't need the multi-axis support. As they sell the 4th axis add-on for $1000 over standard, it would be nice if they had an intermediate paclage that had advanced toolpaths but not multi-axis. I guess it's an excuse to build a trunnion table for my machine...

I've been saving up my money for almost a year now and working extra hours to purchase some CAM software. The delayed satisfaction is worth it. It enables me to design more and waste less. I will buy Visual Mill 6 in a couple weeks along with the new t-splines upgrade for Rhino.
    Put your money away and truly live within your means, if it really means that much.

If you've got Rhino

You should think about getting RhinoCAM. It's functionally the same as VisualMill 6, but it lives inside the Rhino workspace, so you're not always having to switch back and forth to make minor adjustments. I find it a big time-saver.

Andrew Werby
    ComputerSculpture.com — Home Page for Discount Hardware & Software

Page 1 of 2 12