Hello all,
I have posted about 3 build logs so far, the last one was a 5 axis, 5'x10'x29", 5.3hp, router & 60Amp Miller Plasma machine: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/plasma...a_10x5x24.html

I've launched an endeavor to produce an open source set of instructions for a 5 axis cnc router/ plasma machine. The documents will be based on the 5 axis router/plasma machine that I chronicled in that last build log, also seen here:
Mike Calvino Architect Calvino Architecture Studio inc. CNC plasma router
& here: YouTube - calvinoArchitect's Channel

I'm launching the open source document project through Kickstarter, I've got a full description, & a video, & you can see the link here:

Open Source 5 axis CNC Router & Plasma Machine Plans 5'x10' by Mike Calvino — Kickstarter

The idea is that if enough people are interested in the technology and are willing to spend a few $ to see an open source set of cad models, drawings, supplier lists, etc. that detail a complete, working machine, become available, then I can get it all assembled into a concise instruction file set & post if for download on my website. I would think there are a quite a few people who may be interested in something like this. If it works I think it will help to shed light on 5 axis (as well as 3 axis maybe) CNC machine technology as well as 5 axis CAM technology, how it can work, and how it can be used.

The Kickstarter funding project will go on until April 6th & if we've reached the goal, then it'll go through. I'll post updates here & some more info about the machine over the next few weeks as it goes on.

Well, here's to making cool stuff! & let's hope there's enough interest to get this plan/instruction set out there.

Cheers!
:cheers:

--Calvino