585,698 active members*
3,411 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

spindle doesn't stop with reset

HI everybody,

I have a lathe Hiatchi, when we push the reset buton the program stop but the spindel doesn't(we have to stop it manualy).The control is a Fanuc 10
    Does anybody know if there is a parameter to solve this. Hitachi doesn't exist anymore and all the documentation for this mchine has been lost
    Thank's
    Repbob

Most likely it is a keep relay.
    I would suggest you have someone peruse the ladder.
    If Hitachi documented the ladder the way most builders do, it should be easy to spot.

thank you SLD4121,
    I already tried to have a look to the lader and at that time I didn't find the place where i could make a change with keep relay.

Repbob

The enable (run) signal on a spindle drive is usually a 24vdc signal that is removed from the input i.e. the signal goes "low".

As SLD has said it could be a sticking relay, or a bad PMC output, you need to check for this drive input on the spindle drive wiring diagram.

btw; does it stop with "S0 M5" ??

@cncsereng
    Thank's for your help, but it is not a "hardware" problem; it as to do with the way the machine has been set by the machine builder or a fanuc parameter.
    No the machine doesn't stop with M5.I have to put the machine in jog mode and push the spindle stop buton.

Repbob.

download your ladder file and post on your next post. we can look at your ladder of line and check the keep relays. also if you don't have a wiring diagram we can get you a list of all addresses inputs, outputs, keep relays and more and save them in notepad so that you could have them. when you open the ladder file of line you can scroll threw the entire list of keep relays.

Hello CNC Doc,
    thank's for your proposition, but I don't know how to download the ladder on this control (fanuc 10),can you explain how to do it?
    Best regards.

Repbob