585,728 active members*
4,256 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Sodick A320D

Sodick A320D

I am running a SODICK A320D with a FINE SODICK EX21 power supply

I hit the red all stop button last night as I do when nothing is running in the machine. When I came in I prepared to do a wire alignment when I was getting an error (164 I think) and something about a heat switch. and my axis are not responding to my button pushing. The numbers on the screen change but no table movement. Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure what's causing alarm, but the same thing happened to me before (heat switch).It seams that when you kill the machine with e-stop, then restart the next day, reset the e-stop button before main power switch is turned on. This works for my AP500 w/Mark25 control.

1) reset e-stop

2) main power on

3)power up control

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

Called up tech support from the Sodick web page. Few minutes on hold they answered. Much like you said. A complete shut down and reboot of the software. Just a few minutes later I was underway again.

Hello
    DO you still have Sodick Wire with Mark25 controle? I have a A520D, I am missing cutting technology table, I realy appreciate If I can get Pages for .008 and .010 wire cutting technology. Thanks [email protected]

Cutting Technology

Surjit

I am not really sure what it is your are asking, but if it is the software to run your control I don't have it for a mark 25. Sorry I couldn't be of much more help.

I need cutting condition for my A530D Mark 25

Hi
    I lost my cutting condition book for my Sodick A530D mark 25 Wire EDM. I appreciate if you can make copy of .008 and .010 wire for steel. with regards
    [email protected]

I am also running a SODICK A320D with a FINE SODICK EX21 power supply and am having the same problem.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Stan

Same but not

We are having the same issue, but, after powering down, re-booting, and starting the machine up again, it will run for a while, but then the same error, E164, will come up again.
    The machine faults out with E164 at no predictable time. It is intermittent.

I expected to see the OL led on one of the servopacks to be on, but it is not.
    Loose wire maybe? If so, which one?

It seems to fault just as the table should start moving, not in the middle of a move.

The table seems to move easily in all directions without any bumping of hinderance.

Please help!

Thank you.

Ric
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Ric,

i would check to see if you have a broken wire. Also have you tried to swap motors to see if the problem stays with the axis. I saw in your pm that you did swap the servos and it stayed with x. If the servo faults out just about every LED on the servo will light up and stay on till you restart the machine.

Thanks for reply!!!

And Happy New Year.

I will be looking for a loose wire, but unfortunately, I'm searching blind.
    I do not have any wiring diagrams for this machine.
    What sort of wire are you suggesting I look at?
    A feedback wire from an encoder maybe?
    Do you have any schematics scanned that are e-mailable?

Thank you again for the reply.

Ric del

I dont have any schematics to send but i usually check at the connection at the motor and trace it back best i can. I would try swapping motors from X to Y if the wires look clean. You may have an encoder that is going out so it is worth swapping them around since you will have the covers off already.

Problem found?

We think the issue has been resolved. Time will tell.

What we did: On the plug sets that are mounted on a plate above the U and V axis motors, the receptacles in the female sides were straightened and squeezed down a little, so the pins on the male side would be gripped more.

After disconnnecting the plugs, many of the receptacles were found to be a bit bent and their openings kind of large, leading us to think the connections were high resistance and intermittent.

Like I said, so far so good.

Does anyone know the manufacturer of the plug sets? Amphenol?

Thanks.