585,997 active members*
4,844 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile New CNC router build log

I am working on building up a CNC router. it is gantry style. I am using aluminum flat bar to build a structure frame.
    linear motion parts in a package are ordered from ebay seller:happylinearmotion2008
    spindle are ordered from ebay too. I will keep posting the pictures regards the work I have done on this machine.

Post continue

The half inch thickness and six inch wide 6061 aluminum flat bar was used to built up z-axis and y-axis.

Pictures say a thousand words.!! :wee:

building my first cnc router too

Quote Originally Posted by victoria_jay View Post
    I am working on building up a CNC router. it is gantry style. I am using aluminum flat bar to build a structure frame.
    linear motion parts in a package are ordered from ebay seller:happylinearmotion2008
    spindle are ordered from ebay too. I will keep posting the pictures regards the work I have done on this machine.

I am new here too !
    I was posting on another site but it was very dead to say the least.
    I'm building my first 12X36 INCH machine out of mdf.
    I'd like to see pictures of what you are building sounds interesting.

Thanks you guys for reply. I will post some pictures about my machine soon because I am busy on other business these days.

pictures

Quote Originally Posted by hemsworthlad View Post
    Pictures say a thousand words.!! :wee:
    I have only been able to do a few things to my machine this month , working on the gantry I had to shave a 32nd of mdf material from top and bottom af gantry to bring the sides in so they took up the slack that caused enough play to make travel sloppy.
    I have than done now just need to drill the holes for the bottom dowels and bolts , the top is done . When I get this done I need to work on cross members on the bottom of gantry that will attach to the lead screw nut.

My real challenge begins when I map out the electronics although I have a few components I don't know enough about the controls to even think about starting . Where can I find help ?
    If I post pictures of what I have collected so far can someone advise ?
    Here is a picture of the machine so far.

these are some pictures of the stepper motor components I have trying to figure what else I need next for a power suppy(s) any help would be great.

If anyone has an electronics plan to share using components I have would really be appreciated.

I looked the web site of your controller board vendor. I can not find any maual or instruction about the wire for this board. Did they mail you some info. when you bought this board?

thank you for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by victoria_jay View Post
    I looked the web site of your controller board vendor. I can not find any maual or instruction about the wire for this board. Did they mail you some info. when you bought this board?
    I will keep trying