585,676 active members*
4,161 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Rhinocam > Windows memory problems with RhinoCam

Windows memory problems with RhinoCam

I keep getting error codes that Windows is out of memory when running RhinoCam Pro on my computer.

When I check the available memory, I have a couple gig available.

Any ideas?

Mike
    Mike Westvang
    Dryad Bows Inc.

Without knowing what you are trying to do, it is hard to say.

Check the machining preferences, within the Rhinocam Browser. "Part sampling resolution" can be adjusted there.

Also, check the tools_options menu. If you select the "Units" tab, try setting the absolute tolerance to a reasonable value of, say, 0.001".

Another interesting thing about rhinocam, is that it converts your Nurbs surfaces to mesh, before creating 3D toolpaths. For larger, more complicated files, sometimes I convert them to mesh myself, and hide the nurbs surfaces during the tool-pathing.

Hope this helps. Don't be afraid to call MecSoft. They are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Cheers,

Rob

Actually this is happening in the CAD portion of the operation. I have larger files that are in mesh format and when I try to retreive them I get the error message or when I go too Nurbs.

Mike
    Mike Westvang
    Dryad Bows Inc.

just think of it this way you have two programs running as one in a 32 bit mode. So it will only beable to use 3 GB of ram including the video card ram .

the fix would be the rhino 5 64 bit and rhinocam to work on the 64 bit version . I have tryed to get it to work with the beta and it won't .

Rhinocam have a memory leak bug.
    You can check it. Press Ctrl+alt+del simultaneously, check size of free memory before you run toolpath calculation. Run regenerate of any big 3d strategy, wait few minutes and cancel it. Your free memory will back, but you lose 50-100 meg. Do it couple of times and rhinocam says "enouth of memory"
    I fixed this problem after install 64bit Win7 system.
    You can fix it by deleting all meshes from model by ClearAllMeshes command, it may reduce rhino memory size for rhinocam, or just restart rhino.

answer found

The support guys from Rhino CAD came through. We need to use the shrink command to clean up our parts. Seems we had a lot of stuff that we couldn't see. Anyway dropped file sizes from 16 meg to 160 kb.

Thanks,

Mike
    Mike Westvang
    Dryad Bows Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiledbrat View Post
    Another interesting thing about rhinocam, is that it converts your Nurbs surfaces to mesh, before creating 3D toolpaths. For larger, more complicated files, sometimes I convert them to mesh myself, and hide the nurbs surfaces during the tool-pathing.
    Rob
    Exact! Now can turn nurbs display off?
    BTW, why Mecsoft using mesh for toolpath calculation in the primary NURBS editor prog?
    Anyone knows?