585,981 active members*
4,266 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

stepper motor drivers

I acquired stepper motors and drivers from an old peice of equipment the drivers are made from rorze corp. The driver starts the motor when stop start is grounded I'm assuming other drivers are different does any one have a solution for this or do Ii need new drivers. i attached a picture of the wiring diagram. if that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rorze 123.jpg  

Looks like it's designed for 16-speeds controls. You'll need a new driver if you want to use the motor for CNC.
    Stupid questions make me smarter...
    See how smart I've become at www.9w2bsr.com ;-P

Hello,
    my name is Bruno and i brougth a complete cnc system for cnc mill, it have Rorze RC002 link master connected to rorze RC204A I/O master connected to tree rorze Rd 123 2p pulse step motor drivers and connected to tree pacific scientific powermax II step motors.
    i can work with this in cnc?

Breakout Board Required

From what ive been researching you will need a DB25 Breakout board.
    DONOT USE both the RC002 an RC004. You will need any breakout board to hook up to the RD123x as your driver and power supply to support the driver. This is what I have concluded. Im about to purchase a break out board from who ? Im still looking into. If youv'e come up with any info on this subject please post your findings thanx.

It is confirmed

You will need a breakout board which one you might ask? anyone. I tested RD-123 with KCAM software an an home made straight through DB25 cable. It seems to be working fine you will just need to configure the setting in the software, as for the rest of the other software I think you'll be able to use this driver but I just dont know how to setup the setting. An yes I am new at this so please be eazy on the questions. thanx hope this helps anyone out.

Thanks, I appreciate your help and your time.
    Regards,
    Bruno