585,685 active members*
4,483 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Plasmacam help

Hi,
    I am working on a Plasmacam Model DHC. I was purchased as an auction item and I do not have the software disk, but I do have the PC that was hooked up to it with the software on it. I would like to see an example of what the header commands need to be. The whole unit was in a flood about 4 years ago. I have gone through the PC and have it working again. I have not connected it to the table and controller yet. I did power up the controller and it lit up. I would like any information on setting up the machine and would really appreciate someone emailing me a sample program to cut something simple like a circle or rectangle to test the machine to see if it will operate OK. I am planning on calling PlasmaCam to explore what possiblities of registering the machine with them so access the user forum, but we want to make sure the machine will even operate before incurring any more expense. We just want to find out if the machine will work, then proceed. If anyone can send me a program that will cut any part, I would sure appreciate it. Just trying to see if it would be worth proceding. Thanks My email is [email protected] if you can help. Thanks so much. I found the controller powered on, but when I tried in the software to connect to the controller, it failed. The controller powers on, but the pause light blinks and I pressed the Start button, but nothing happened. None of the other buttons move anything.

Hi,

Do you want a G-code file or a PCM.

Either way, you need to have the Plasmacam software running. BTW, they do have a diagnostic program that may be the better route for trobleshooting.

program

Thanks, Dan. I have been able to power up the controller, but the Pause light keeps flashing and when I press the Start button or Arrow buttons, nothing happens. I can't get it to stop flashing the Pause. The controller could be bad and may have to have it repaired or replaced. Thanks for the response.

Your best plan of attack would be, contact Plasmacam tech support and, get the thing registered in your name.
    P'cam tech support should be able to get you up and running in no time. (if the controller isn't damaged that is)

Hi, Fred,
    Sounds like you only had to initialize the machine and it is running now. So it survived a flood! If you need any help, let me know.

George, Plasmacam Support

Hi, Fred,
    I read on another forum that you did initialize the machine and it is working. So it survived a flood!
    If you have any questions let me know.

George, Plasmacam Support

after i have made a design i convert to cutpath and the letters as soon as i click to convert distort and put cut lines all through them and it looks nothing like it should. What am i doing wrong?

Hey flashing paused light sounds like the controller is fine.... The table wont do anything without the plasmacam design and control software period... give plasma cam a call at (719) 676-2701 i believe if that doesnt work call(719) 676-2700 and they will transfer you... BE SURE TO LEAVE A MESSAGE with your name number serial number model ect.. just like they say in the voicemail because they probably wont answer but they WILL call back... they are very easy to get along with and it is well worth the 25 bucks for the disc

Quote Originally Posted by randywolfe View Post
    after i have made a design i convert to cutpath and the letters as soon as i click to convert distort and put cut lines all through them and it looks nothing like it should. What am i doing wrong?
    Randy,
    You either have a drawing that is too small or you have the Offset too large or you have a lot of intersections.

George

randy,
    when i have an intricate drawing the does that and it doesnt require much accuracy i put break points in corners and leave the path open and then convert it to a cut path so then the torch pierces at the corner where i originally put the break point.That way the drawing doesnt distort.if for some reason u dont like how the torch pierces at the corner u can break it on a fairly straight line and draw a small curve from inside and come out to the break point so that will act as your pierce lead then link the segments.the path will remain open of course.hope this was some help to you.