586,009 active members*
4,971 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Controller & Computer Solutions > Controller replacement recommendations for a Anilam 1400

Controller replacement recommendations for a Anilam 1400

I am a newbie to cnc mills, but I have just acquired a fryer MC-32 with a old anilam 1400m controller. I can't seem to get the machine servos to engage as the machine can't seem to find the machine home. I am considering replacing the old controller with something more current? I do all the programming in CAD CAM and virtually no programming is done at the machine. Any thoughts on what controller I should use? The machine does have a 16 tool changer, coolant, reversing spindle etc to make things a little more funner. How long does it take to replace the control and how difficult is it? In time I would like to add a 4th or 5th axis as well.

iam in the exact same situation my plc shows a cpu error which is halting the machine when i disconnect the plc iam able to enable servos and moves the axis servos.... but not the spindle which goes through the plc (slc-500) ive been looking day and night on what my options are....my machine is a tree 3016 with anilam 1400 have you resolved anything with your machine it sounds like the plc too.... before i figured out that if you change the baud rate on the controller setting to not talk to the plc it will aloow you to home the machine

I think your right, but I haven't had time recently to play with it. I will let you know as soon as I give it a try. I contacted motiontek, the guys were helpful. The controller they proposed for my machine ranged between 4 and 8 k. The downfall, is that I may have to replace the spindle and I would loose the ATC. With that being said, I will likely have to stick with anilam. Keep checking ebay, I saw a anilam 1400 system a couple of weeks ago for about $1000.

Either way I will let you know as soon as I find some tinkering time.

Look at Centroid. They are a great control.

Check out Dynomotion Kflop/kanalog, use it with Mach as a front end if need be, allows you to use the old analogue drives if you have them.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Do you know if either centroid or Dynomotion will be able to work with ATC. Keeping the existing drives is huge, and thanks for the advice.

The ATC on just about any machine is dependant on the amount of I/O and the logic required, the logic is often carried out with an outboard PLC or the controller itself can provide it in the case of Dynomotion, email Tom at (Dynomotion) he willingly answers any questions.
    Al.

Albert E.

I need the plc program to upload to the slc -500 for anilam 1400 I have all the schematics. If I have to I will learn to write some ladder programs Can anyone point me in the right direction?

As well as the RS-Logix s/w you need a AB interface unit/cable.
    I have an older version, it requires a floppy disk key to work, I am not sure if you can pick a copy up on ebay?
    Al.

Albert E.

Sorry. I meant to say I need the ladder program to send to the plc. I've already connected to the unit which gave a error of "no program". 0001f. I have the softwRe and cable to communicate to the plc. I need tge code. The EEPROM socket didn not have the chip. Iam curious if I can find some code to loud to it and swap some wires around.