585,973 active members*
4,213 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > My first try with the demo...

My first try with the demo...

Here the first part i tried with the demo files. I like it! Very simple to use and great results. here are a few pics of my first try on the router. I did notice some uneveness in the scrolls but this is just due to my machine not being real tight but the detail still looks great. Overall i'm impressed with the demo.

Darren
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 052.jpg   Picture 057.jpg   Picture 056.jpg  

VCarve Wizard

Hi Darren,

The photo's look pretty good and Thanks for the positive feedback!

I'm guessing the part was cut using a radiussed end mill and not a V tool?

What control systems are you running the router with?

The VCarve Wizard postp is an 'open text file' that can be edited very easily if necessary. The files can be found in the folder,

C:\Program Files\VCarve Wizard Trial Edition\PostP

Tony Mac

www.vectric.com

Hi,

What parameters did use for this. I mean feed raye, rotational speed, plunge rate, etc.

Thank you.

Zoltan

Tony:
    The bit is a standard 90 degree vee bit but it doen not cut to a perfect point, it has a very small flat on the tip.
    The control system was Turbocnc v4. I would have liked to use Mach2 but I only have the demo and 1000 lines of code didnt get me very far with the door pannel.

Zoltan:
    Feed was 20 IPM but could be much faster as the actual cutting is very light, i'm limited by my machine. I need to get some coarser lead screws.
    I'm using a Harbor freight 1/4" trim router on A speed controler so I can control any burning while its cutting. My guess would be 10,000 RPM. 20 IPM on the plunge also.

I did tighten up the machine some and the scrolls look much better, also used birch ply and it looks better than the first one. I'll get some pics of it on here soon.

Darren

Hi,

Thank you. I am struggling to find out the right parameters to cut AL, MDF and plastics. At this moment I just end up with burning MDF, melting plastics and had no ........ to try AL.

Zoltan

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the update and I'd be interested to see the new pictures.

Hi Zoltan

What spindle speed (rpm) are you running at?
    Can you slow the spindle down?

Cheers,

Tony

Great pictures Darren. I cut the "open" sign today and it came out great. I should have pictures up by the end of this week. The software is easy to work with, along with a great interface.

Jason

I cut the cupboard door design today and it came out pretty good. My only problem with the cut path was that when the arch profile was squared up at the four corners the gcode indicated a slightly deeper plunge on returning to the arch profile resulting in the creation of a slight notch at each corner.

I also noticed that the z depth is not constant for the entire arch profile but continually changing. I just thought that the z depth would be constant. Anyone else noticed this?
    I should have a picture up by friday for clarity.

Jason

[QUOTE=I also noticed that the z depth is not constant for the entire arch profile but continually changing. I just thought that the z depth would be constant. Anyone else noticed this?
    Jason[/QUOTE]

I found out too the depth is automatically determined by the angle of the cutter and the width of the area you are cutting, sometimes the width is greater than the cutter dia and when calculating the cut path it will tell you your cutter is not wide enough to cut the path.
    Some of the signs I have done use the regular V carve for certain design parts, then profile paths for the rest.
    I use 60^ and 90^ bits currently and plan to try the 120^ (which should cut a wider, shallower path)
    Dean

After having a closer look at the gcode there should be no reason for the notch at the corners. I will cut the arch profile again and see what happens.
    If the notch still occurs it may be necessary to adjust the feed rate at the corner points.
    Jason

mcmmach,
    How about some pics of your completed signs.

CNC Darren,
    Is the door panel the original size or did you scale it down. What was your total time for cutting the door panel

Jason

mine was scaled down. As for cutting time I really couldnt tell you, I started it cutting and was working on another project at the same time.

Darren

The full version in the program took me an hour at 14" min. I cut the arch profile again and it came out just about perfect. I do not know what happened before to cause the notches.

Jason

sorry about the absense of pictures. I have not received my camera power adaptor yet, so that I can upload the images to my computer.

jason

Designs from a VCarve Wizard User

The dedicated Forum for VCarve Wizard seems to be closed?

Attached are some interesting jobs that a VCW user in GA, USA has designed and then machined using VCarve Wizard.

Hope you find them interesting.

Tony Mac
    www.vectric.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3D Triangle.jpg   Celtic 4.jpg   Celtic 2.jpg   Humming bire.jpg  

Celtic 3.jpg  

Great pictures. This software allows the average person to output professional looking artwork at a reasonable price with their home built CNC routers. I will definitely purchase the software as soon the finances come along.
    Keep the pictures comming.

Jason

Another interesting vcarved design.

Is the Bal really flat?

www.vectric.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pn7.jpg  

Must say I am impressed with the pictures by darren and others. I am presently trying out the Wiz myself - ie, learning the software. Do not have a CNC yet. Purchasing from EZRouter. Does anyone use this machine or know about them. Let me know please.

Great pics, can i get vector files of above pics?