584,842 active members*
4,567 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Supercam gone?

Any recent development on SuperCam?

I have an old DOS version that still works, but the computer hardware is getting suspect and I am wondering what kind of upgrade path to take.

Is there a way to run my Supertech stepper system with another control software? (I'm not sure if there is a 'key' or something that might prevent it from working.)

Corey

You can probably use Mach3. You will need a CAM software to generate the gcode as well. Supercam combines both cam and contoller software. Give Dennis a call and he should be able to help you. He has a configuration file for Mach that makes setup alittle easier.

Biss

Thanks.

I shot Dennis an e-mail. Haven't heard back. Cruising his super-tech site I noticed that there is no prices or way to order anything...

Will try and call him this week.

The following is a link to the configuration file (bottom right of page, zip file)

Parallel Port CNC Desktop Taig Micro Mill Complete Three Axis Setup

Also here's the link to the Mach3 control trial software

ArtSoft USA - Software Downloads

I have been using a 10 yr old supertech controller with Mach 3 sucessfully for several months now. He has some other options to get SuperCam to run on newer machines (Xp and newer); it is called a CamPod. You can check that out on his website as well.

Biss

Hey guys I know it's been a long while since this has become a topic but I've ran into somee issues. I purchased a KAM plasma table with the Supercamxp software on it and neither of the businesses are still operating..... Can you point me in the direction of some technical support when it comes to software changing using the supercam controller and stepper motors? Any help would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikustoms View Post
    Hey guys I know it's been a long while since this has become a topic but I've ran into somee issues. I purchased a KAM plasma table with the Supercamxp software on it and neither of the businesses are still operating..... Can you point me in the direction of some technical support when it comes to software changing using the supercam controller and stepper motors? Any help would be appreciated!

Did you ever find anything? I have an older machine successfully running supercam as well. Looking to move to vcarve and out put to match 3.

Re: Supercam gone?

Are you sure those are stepper motors? As I recall, SuperCAM machines used servos.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Are you sure those are stepper motors? As I recall, SuperCAM machines used servos.
    I have servos on mine. With regards to supercam. I have the original instruction booklet if any one has any specific questions. I have not scanned it in yet but that could be an option in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonGO View Post
    I have servos on mine. With regards to supercam. I have the original instruction booklet if any one has any specific questions. I have not scanned it in yet but that could be an option in the future.
    Anyone get results upgrading from Supercam to Mach3. I tried to get setup info but Mach3 says they can't help,. I tried Microproto and they offered nothing.
    My Taig mill had Shimano steppers and so far, I haven't got them to move with a UC100 and Mach3

That would be incredibly helpful. I'm trying to set up my friends table. It came with an old supercam xp disc, but all the tutorials and config stuff on the disc takes you to flash links that browsers no longer support. I can't even install it on any other computer to look at it as the disc is so old and scratched up it freezes on installs.

That would be incredibly helpful. I'm trying to set up my friends table. It came with an old supercam xp disc, but all the tutorials and config stuff on the disc takes you to flash links that browsers no longer support. I can't even install it on any other computer to look at it as the disc is so old and scratched up it freezes on installs.

Could i get a copy of the supercam manual please?

YES SURE WHAT DO YOU NEED , I CAN HELP YOU

ANDREAS