584,861 active members*
4,813 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ebay auction -- nice optics

Forget the laser (10 watts, pfftt). But buy the unit for the optics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5604933806

Based on his experiences,

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7427

I'm guessing that Paul G. would be happy to tell you how nice it would be to have a nice compact beam delivery system to use for your next project.

Well, if he wouldnt, I sure would be happy to. Optics like this go for at least $2500. It could be a nice system. The question to ask the seller is if a gas port is built into the cutting nozzle. I cant tell from the pictures.

owen

ps I do not profit in any way from the sale of this item.

What I learned (the hard way) all the optic need to be adjustable, it now takes 10min to get all the mirrors aligned.

wow. That's faster than my system. You should type up your SOP (standard operational procedure).

However, wouldnt you agree that it would be nice to have an enclosed system which protects the user, and keeps dust and debris away from the optics?

owen

and now I'm thinking, I shouldnt have advertized this auction, I should just buy it myself.

I'm working on a plexi glass enclose right now. My SOP is-

1- I shoot the beam from the laser to a paper target 8ft away and than align the red beam to make them collinear (as best as I can).
    2- than I get the red beam to hit the center of the first mirror and confirm that with another shoot on low power from the laser using the special thermal paper.
    3- I bounce the beam off the mirror to the second again getting the red beam to hit the center and I confirm it again with a shot from the laser.
    4- be back with more soon