585,665 active members*
3,298 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Wobbler repairing

I am trying to repair a wobbler flat area. It requires 0.8 surface finish and 0.32 parallel
    The depth of the flat area is 700mm. See the attached picture for details.
    I have CNC milling and boring machines with multi axis. Milling head will not fit inside this. Spindle with Dia 180 can move upto 1000mm.

Any ideas on machining this component
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wobbler.JPG  

Exclamation Fix A Woubler

First what is a woubler? Could you use a right angel head on a Vertical mill . wounder how the part was made in the first place? EDM, Broch,Shaper? How precision is the finish need to be could you weld and grind by hand or grind with a toolpost grinder or the head from a small tool and cutter grinder mounted on the ram of a manual mill? Improvise and imaganation Kevin

Wobbler

Thank you very mush for your reply.

It is used in machines and motors for providing a constant drive speed for a shaft during variations in the speed of rotation of the power delivered to the wobbler housing. It requires a perfectly flat control surface to control the speed.
    Now this unit has a worn out area at flat surface. This will be welded to build up the material and then machined to get the desired dimensions.

Earlier, a small milling head was used on horizontal boring machine but the surface finish, flatness and the parallelism between the surface are not good enough.

I am looking for any other ideas to machine this item. I have received this item in a worn out condition and could not make out how it was manufactured first time.

I am betting if you send it to China they can make you one