585,975 active members*
4,340 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help ID Plasma CNC Manufacturer?

Here is a plasma CNC that is for sale, anybody recognize it i.e. size or manufacturer, before I go look at it and make an offer? Any ideas on the approximate fair market value, assuming it works? Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails plasma cutter.jpg  

With a few more pictures I may be able to identify it. Closeup of the operator control, the plasma, the drive motors, the amplifier (drive) box, etc. It looks like an HVAC machine for duct cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbar99 View Post
    Here is a plasma CNC that is for sale, anybody recognize it i.e. size or manufacturer, before I go look at it and make an offer? Any ideas on the approximate fair market value, assuming it works? Thanks!

Plasma Machine ID

Can't get any other pics. I guess I'll just go look at it and play it by ear. The same guy has some sheet metal brakes etc. for sale as well so your observation about it being an HVAC setup is more than likely correct. I just wonder how realistic it would be to use it as a basis for a build if it doesn't come with the controllers, etc. And if it does come with the controller and some software, what it would be worth so I can figure out a reasonable offer for it.

Cybermation Model 700. Any good or junk?

In looking at the picture, I realized that just to the left of the torch head, the brand name is painted along with a series of graduated dashes that get wider toward the left side of the machine. I can just make out "CYBERMAT" possibly before it gets obscured by the torch. I searched around a bit and it is apparently a Cybermation Model 700. It appears that there are retrofit kits to update the drive and control systems for around $20,000 but that seems a bit extreme. If I assume it doesn't work and doesn't include the actual plasma cutting transformer unit, what would be a good price? I could retrofit the drives and controls myself for a lot less. Thanks for the input.

Cybermation was based in Malden Massachussetts...near Boston. They went out of business about 15 years ago. All they built were HVAC machines. It is likely mostly un serviceable with its existing cnc and components. Some of their machines were cable drive....if it is one of those it will not ever be very precise. If it is rack and pinion drive then it would be useable with new motors, drives and cnc. I wouldn't pat much more than scrap value for it. It could likely be resurrected with equipment from www.candcnc.com

jim