585,748 active members*
3,803 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help Align me

Just got my new cinci 1000 under power. How do I align?

Press and hold the align button on the pendant. X,Y,&Z will slowly move to the limit switch.

This does not seem to work. Do i have to press F1 or F2? Can the door be open or closed? Any other ideas?

Yes, press and hold F1 after you press the Align button. Door can be open or closed for this. Is your pendant powering on properly? You should see F1 labeled "Axis Align" and F2 labeled "Mech Align" in the LCD.

The pendant does have power to it I can move all the axis. The fine ajust wheel on the pendant (cant remember what it is called) works but I can't change the speed. ex. .0001 change it to .01.

Is it possible that the f1 and f2 buttons are nfg? How can I check?

Do align first. As TickTock said...

1) hit align button on pendant.
    2) Now pendant display should show (F1 axis align) and (F2 mechanism align).
    3) Assuming #2 shows correct, hold F1 and the machine will auto-align all axis.
    4) Once done, Hit F2, verify the tool drum is positioned at #1 (main control display asks this question on the bottom of the screen), then it F2 again to confirm.

Now should be aligned.

And if nothing hapens when I press f1 or f2? Are the buttons on the pendent broken.

It does sound like F1 is non-functioning if you cannot select .0001 speed while in the Jog or handwheel mode (did you try both?). Early during poweron (well before the Quick Start option is displayed), all LEDs in the pendant flash on for an instant. See if the one under the F1 also illuminates. If not, that corroborates the F1 malfunction. If all LEDs flash it is inconclusive since the LED may still work even if the button contact is worn. I am not aware of any way around the pendant buttons. I tried F1, alt-F1, etc on my machine but it appears there are no keyboard alternatives. If you are handy with a DMM and a soldering iron, you could open the pendant and debug/repair. If you are lucky, it's could be just a cold solder joint or broken wire you can find by inspection.

If you see the messages on the pendent but the F1 does not do the axis align, does F2 do the tool changer align? If both buttons are not working, then there may be a bigger problem.

Ya both buttons are not working. I can not change incr. for the hand wheel or can not calibrate (align machine) Is this a common problem for the pendent on this machine?

I wouldn't say its a common problem (actually never heard of the Function buttons not working). I have not had any pendant issues personally other than a potentiometer issue on the spindle override.

Anybody know where to get a pendent repaired?

Pendant problems in general on the machine are relatively common, but I've only seen pendants having some buttons that don't work after someone opened it up and tried to "fix" it themselves.

I have had some success in getting them to work again by disassembling, cleaning and reassembling them, but if the problem is a bad component or board, the only place I have ever found that can say they repair them is Siemens. Other places tell you they will try, but I haven't found one yet that will commit to being able to fix it.

a

What do I have to select to run a program from the memory? Also can you override the door switch?

Go to the program display. From there you can edit and ultimately select "Run this Program". You can go to the MDI (Manual Data Input) screen to enter quick Gcodes to execute.

There isn't a way to override the switch in s/w. If you accidentally shut down with the doors closed, there is a mechanical override in the right door on top. There should be a hole in the housing from which you should see a flat head screw. It comes with a wire through it to prevent casual overriding. If the wire's still there you will have to cut it and pull it out. Then unscrew the screw. Inside you can then insert your screwdriver and gently twist to release the door catch.

How do I pick up a ZERO on the part?

pendant check

Quote Originally Posted by logger View Post
    And if nothing hapens when I press f1 or f2? Are the buttons on the pendent broken.
    Press and hold the 'Ctrl' button on the pendant, then press 'Escape'.
    This puts the pendant in an interactive test mode. Press any button - the LCD screen will indicate if the button is working - or not.

Also can you override the door switch?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The safety relay(s) are too smart for that. You'll have to buy/make the male piece from the left door and plug it in when you want to bypass.