586,024 active members*
3,622 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SprutCAM GCode not loading properly on PCNC1100?

SprutCAM GCode not loading properly on PCNC1100?

I'm a new SprutCAM user and I've just tried to load my first GCode from SprutCAM onto a PCNC1100. It's a simple program with just two 2D contouring steps. Looks great on SprutCAM, posts with no errors, but looks (and mills) all wonky when I load it into the Tormach. I've tried three different PCNC post processors and they all look the same. I've included a screen capture of both tool paths in SprutCAM and a shot of what the toolpath looks like when loaded on the Tormach.

I'm hoping that this is some sort of super-newb screwup...

Any help is appreciated!

Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bracket Sprut CAM Toolpaths 2.jpg   Bracket SprutCAM Toolpaths 1.jpg   GCode Toolpath Display on PCNC1100.png  

Couple of thoughts

Do you have tool compensation set on? Mach3 doesn't accept and may give the white paths as a result.

The blue and red paths look Ok , may need to check the parameters settings there as it looks like it may be doing a roughing and then finishing pass.

I have used the sprut UK based board , Dave has great educational vids, and is quick to help if you join the board.

To trouble shoot this you need to post the actual G-code and sprut project data, the images are suggestive but not able to determine the exact setting issues from them.

Good luck, it does get easier

Wayne

Looks like cutter radius compensation is turned on. You can verify this by looking to see if there are any G41 or G42 codes in the output.

If that's the problem, you can turn it off in the Parameters popup dialog for the operation. Exactly how you turn it off depends on the version that you are running. In 7.1.3 you change it on the Lead-In/Lead-Out page. In earlier releases, I think there is a checkbox on the Tool page that needs to be unchecked.

Yes, there is a G41 or two in the GCode, I'll check the settings when I am in the same location as my dongle!

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

You also want to make sure that there is no value in the diameter section of the Mach3 tool table for any of your tools. Then if you forget and keep radius compensation on, there will be no value for the Mach3 controller to compensate for.