584,837 active members*
5,367 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCad Post Processor

BobCad Post Processor

I have bobcad version 21 somehow my post processors have disappeared. Anyway I tried to reinstall them using my Post processor cd that came with it. Everytime I try to install it it says error cant install blahblah post.bat. It comes up with the little boxes I put the check mark beside version 21. Is there something I am missing? Thanks

Have you tried just copying the post file from cd and putting it in your bobcaddata/post folder? You may have to open the post file with winzip or winrar to get the file out. Also, they have all the posts online to download free. Just go to bobcad.com/support/posts. Maybe try the file from there instead of cd

Okay I got it fixed apparently when I have been clicking around some file got skewed or something I stuck the installation disk in for BobCad and found an option for repair. Once I clicked repair it found a file that was missing and installed it and I can get any post now.

Okay new problem I have a 3d part I am trying to machine. It is gonna be three different operations. Once I generate my toolpath and put it in NC and generate code off it. I do the simulation it looks good. but once I put it in my cnc mill it is cutting the x where z should be. So I go into the program and flip the part so I have xyz where I want it. the generate code off of that and it looks good but when I move the part to the Y- section it moves the Z to a different area. Once I put the Z where I want it the Y will be shifted back. Anybody have any suggestions?