585,759 active members*
4,042 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Hypertherm Plasma > hypertherm powermax 1650 g3 plasma help

hypertherm powermax 1650 g3 plasma help

i purchased a non running machine with a fried motherboard that was already removed. does anyone have a manual or picture of the motherboard so i can install the new motherboard?
    your help is much appreciated.

You can download the operators and the service manual free at Hypertherm | Plasma Cutters | Plasma Cutting Equipment | Metal Cutting Equipment Click on "Download Library" at the top of the home page, then choose "Type of System", scroll down to Powermax1650, click on it, and you can then locate the manuals...there will be service and operators. You can download them as .pdf or zip files. You can also call Hypertherm tech service direct...they will be happy to assist you over the phone.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by busa4 View Post
    i purchased a non running machine with a fried motherboard that was already removed. does anyone have a manual or picture of the motherboard so i can install the new motherboard?
    your help is much appreciated.

thakns jim. didnt even notice that on the site. i looked at the manual and i missing some parts. i see you work for hypertherm. can i order parts from you?

I work for Hypertherm directly....we sell all of our plasma equipment through welding supply distributors and CNC machine manufacturers....cannot sell anything direct or we would upset our valuable sales channels! You can easily find the closest distributor on the Hypertherm | Plasma Cutters | Plasma Cutting Equipment | Metal Cutting Equipment site and clicking on "where to buy" at the top of the page.

Jim Colt

ok. thanks jim. i wouldnt want to upset anyone. thanks for the help.
    joe

Hypertherm 1650

I am looking at purchasing my first cutting machine. I need to know what is the minimum thickness that the 1650 can cut comfortably?

Quote Originally Posted by Calgary Cutter View Post
    I am looking at purchasing my first cutting machine. I need to know what is the minimum thickness that the 1650 can cut comfortably?
    a 1650 is a commercial unit needing 3 phase power. if you dont have this, then the 1650 is not for you. if you do, the 1650 is a great machine. its a 100 amp machine so it can easily cut 3/4 - 1' all day long....

The 1650 is factory rated to pierce 5/8" steel (without a full function Torch Height Control) and can pierce 3/4" steel with a height control. On thicknesses above these ratings it is recommended that the torch is edge started.....and the 1650 does a pretty good job on materials to 1-1/4", with a severance rating (slow, but able to cut) of about 1-3/4".

It is available in 3 phase power only....due to its high output kW rating.

If your requirements are for single phase input power....the Powermax85 has very similar capabilities as the Powermax1650 in terms of piercing capacity due to its newer technology Duramax torch design.

Best regards, Jim Colt Hypertherm

Quote Originally Posted by Calgary Cutter View Post