584,817 active members*
4,861 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > Tool Table numbers messed up - help please

Tool Table numbers messed up - help please

SprutCam users - I just applied some updates for Sprut 11.5 after a notification popped up on my screen - still on 11.5 but now on build 135378 from build 133something.
    But now my tool library is really f***ed up - the tools are there, but all the tool numbers have changed randomly. I change them back, save the library, but then open a new project and the numbers are screwed up randomly again.

Any ideas what is causing this, and how to fix it?
    Appreciate some help please.

Re: Tool Table numbers messed up - help please

I got same notice for update for version 12 a few days ago. last few months I have updated with no problems. This update set off a number of warnings and crashed sprutcam install out. Was able to get it working again but the system is now prone to lock ups. Have not used it much after recovery so I don't know if the program is working right. I complained about problem to support :| that's about it. They said its safe to install now and don't worry!

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    I got same notice for update for version 12 a few days ago. last few months I have updated with no problems. This update set off a number of warnings and crashed sprutcam install out. Was able to get it working again but the system is now prone to lock ups. Have not used it much after recovery so I don't know if the program is working right. I complained about problem to support :| that's about it. They said its safe to install now and don't worry!
    After some annoying down time and some wasted time to fix the update it looks to be working OK. and so it goes.

I'm going to fire the PC up again this morning and try another new project and see what happens.

Also noticed another new tick box on the strategy tab, saying "Deep HPC" - any idea what this is, compared to the normal HPC function?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Neill View Post
    I'm going to fire the PC up again this morning and try another new project and see what happens.

Also noticed another new tick box on the strategy tab, saying "Deep HPC" - any idea what this is, compared to the normal HPC function?
    I didn't notice that exact option. This last year I did noticed a couple of changes in updates and was the reason I let it try to update. What a frustrating experience that was .
    Wish Sprutcam would get it together and make their software safe to use. Until they do no school around here will ever teach it and in turn no company around here will ever use it.