585,969 active members*
4,335 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Fanuc OM Radius offset

Hi All

Just wondering, can you change a parameter to have the tool radius in the same offset as the tool offset.

For example, on my turning machines, Fanuc OT, and on the Milling machine with Fanuc 18, the offset are displayed with
    Geom / Wear / Radius (Geom R) << something like this.

But on the mills with fanuc OM, the cutter radius has to be put into another offset number.

I'm sure I have changed this before, but can't remember when or which control.

pinguS

The 0M control has the ability to use several levels of tool offsets, depending on option content:

Tool offset memory A:
    Tool geometry compensation and tool wear compensation are treated
    the same.

Tool offset memory B:
    D codes and H codes are treated the same. Separate entry values for Tool geometry compensation and tool wear compensation.

Tool offset memory C:
    Offset memory is divided into two areas: one area for tool length offset
    data (H), and the other for cutter compensation data (D). Geometry and wear can be specified for each.

The local FANUC office can arrange installation of the desired option.

Hi

I have already changed the other controls I have, just some machines have the OM version on there. I have the parameter manuals for all, but was just looking where this would be.

On other controls the Geom / Wear / Diam(Radius) / Diam Wear are all using one offset number. I.e. is I wish to use tool 14, then the Height offset number would also be 14 and the Diameter offset would also be 14.

Which of the three options you have stated match this, I'm thinking it is option B???

cheers in advance

The selection of tool offset memory B and C are options. Par 0030 bit 2 must also be set to use tool offset memory C.

It sounds like Tool Offset Memory B will perform your desired operation since you do not wish to call up the tool diameter and length with individual (D/H) codes.

I've also been looking at getting this changed on my machine with the 0m-c control. I have the option parameter changed for Tool Offset Memory C, parameters #30.2 and #36.6 to one, but all that seems to be changing is that I now have 200 offsets.

There is also the Geometry/Wear option that is mentioned in the option desciption for Tool Offset Memory C, but all it seems to do is change the offset table to 200 offsets for geometry and 200 for wear. Is this what I should expect? Is the Geometry table to be used for the length offset then, and the wear for diameter offsets?

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    John

The option bits reside elsewhere in the control. Parameter 30 just allows you to make certain selections if the options are present.

Quote Originally Posted by cnc2149 View Post
    The option bits reside elsewhere in the control.
    Yeah, I got that. As I mentioned I have already changed the correct option parameter to Tool Offset Memory C, which also sets the offset table to 200 offsets. The control was set at Tool Offset Memory A and only 32 offsets total.

What I was expecting when making this change was to see one register for the TLO offsets used for the H call, and then a seperate register for the diameter offsets used with the D call... Only change I see is when setting another option parameter to enable to the Geometry & Wear.

Does the 0m-C control not have the ability to display the offset registers in a manner similar to others with one page for TLO's and the other for diameters offsets?

I did some further digging around. Turns out the tool offset memory C does nto work exactly like it would on a Series 16, for example. The notes I have say that Tool Offset Memory C can be used to apply radius offset by Dxx code and length offset by Hxx code. However, the total no. of offset paris is reduced by 1/2. Par 30.2 and 36.6 still apply.

Unfortunately, I don't have any screen shots. See attached from one of the manuals.
    Attached Files Attached Files