585,749 active members*
3,830 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > putting a pc control on a supermax cnc knee mill

putting a pc control on a supermax cnc knee mill

This morning i bought a supermax knee mill from a tech school, it is a three axis and has a Crusader II control, the control only displays the line it reading basically it has a digital display, my question is can i put a pc control on this machine so i can see the whole program while its running and have information on a screen and save several programs. i have never done anything with cnc machines besides run them, where do i start, whats the expected expense on this

You'd have to be very electical wise to do this yourself. But hey, if this machine is in your garage and you have time and a lot of interest to complete the task once you start, then I suppose a guy could DIY (do it yourself). On the other hand, if this machine is going to used for buisness, you may want to be able to hire someone to work on this for you. It all depends on you, your pocket book and what you expect out of this project when you're done.

My advise, clearly define what you expect before you start. Then, keep that goal in mind when any decission needs to be made, there will be many. This will be your rudder, you'll need one to make the many course corrections along the way...
    Scott_bob

Is there such a thing as a plug in system for this type of thing, basically all i want is a better screen to look at and work with i dont really need faster rapid travel or anything like that, I have a customer who i do 1 or 2 part orders for and i do them all on my acer manual knee mill, and the parts have been repeating like every three-four months and i think it would be nice to set this up with a pdq toolholding system and knock this stuff out faster