585,722 active members*
4,122 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Turret will not index as per commanded.

Turret will not index as per commanded.

Ok, so on a Lathe I got with a Fanuc 10t on it. The parameters were lost. I got parameters from a so called identical machine, and loaded those, Here is the problem:

When I hit turret index, it indexes Two positions. I belive this is because there is an orfice in the solinoid, and it is going so fast that it cannot catch on the slow down switch? I belive someone took the restrictor out of this orfice?

Also, whe I command a T0100, it will just advance one position, no matter which tool it is on. So you can just keep comanding T0100 and it will just keep advancing one position.

But if I comman a T0200 or any other number, T0300, T0100, etc. It will just keep spinning the turret, and never stop untill I hit the E stop.

I have checked in the PCDGN page, and the manual shows that it is on x000, and the numbers do change in those bits, so I know the encoder on the back of the turret is working.

I belive I have a parameter wrong. Does anyone know which parameters to look at?

I think that the prblem is appearing in wiring or encoder section u can again load your codes.

[email protected]

did you go in on the PC side and check the timer/counter/data table (and data)/and the keep bits? it kinda sounds like maybe theres a counter that cant exceed 1

CNC Milling Machine Turret Not Indexing HELP!!

I have a 1990+ Cincinnati Milacron SABRE 1000 CNC Vertical Milling Machine. The turret does not index. We have to manually put in the tools to get parts complete. Can someone please offer some advice?