585,967 active members*
4,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Need help!!

Need help!!

Hello, I am new to the world of cnc as of last year. I have read many of your post regarding witch cnc to buy and and witch ones to look out for. I chose to go with EZ Rout. I like the design with the alunimum and steel gantry. I feel it may hold up to the stresses of the day and the heat of the oxy fuel torch?? Anyhow in short i like the machine however support for the machine sucks, after many of the same problems you all have had like "jons busy can he call u back" and "Jacob is in traning today" ? For what?? I am forced to go elseware to solve my problems. I am running Mach software with sheet cam and v carve pro. My problem is with the almighty "THC" It never worked from the beginning. when i finally got a hold of jon he e-mailed me a file that had no thc control witch worked good for small parts and the Plasma torch hight was pre determined in sheetcam. Now that i need to cut large sheets i need the thc to work and so after many attempts and serious persistance jon finally got back with me over the phone made some changes to the system to activate the thc. If you reference the machine x y z , load a program and hit start the z axis moves up and the upper limit does not shut down the moter causing the gears to "Click" . same for the bottom limit. The head comesw down , does a touch off and mashes the head in to the workpiece. The thc is on but the up/down lights dont work letting me know that the it still isnt working. Everything seems to be working elsware except in the area of the THC. If anyone can help please do i need some enlighting

KEEP CALLING TILL THEY MAKE IT RIGHT!!! I bought from EZ and a few problems also. Maybe 50 % of the time when you called you could get someone to help. It did all pan out and have been running my table for three years now and have had no major issues. Next time post under the ez router forum and you might get a better response. I know some of the ez router guys used to check the site from time to time. I gotta believe that your problem is something simple, lets hope so,,,,,,good luck CURLY