585,992 active members*
5,590 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Imac and Torchmate

Hi,
    I just brought a 4x4 Torchmate, and was wondering if anyone is using an Imac running bootcamp or parallels with the torchmate drivers and Cad programes ?
    I would like to run a Mac with the drivers at the machine because they are so neat and tidy......... plus I have a few of them

Quote Originally Posted by Harb View Post
    Hi,
    I just brought a 4x4 Torchmate, and was wondering if anyone is using an Imac running bootcamp or parallels with the torchmate drivers and Cad programes ?
    I would like to run a Mac with the drivers at the machine because they are so neat and tidy......... plus I have a few of them
    Yes, the Torchmate CAD and software and Torchmate driver's software will operate on a mac with bootcamp, as long as it's the newer macs that are intel based.

-Mike
    Mike @ Torchmate.com | www.Torchmate.com
    Toll Free : (866) 571-1066 M-F 7:30am-4pm PST

Quote Originally Posted by Harb View Post
    Are you one of those mac wierdos? LOL

Seriously, having a PC on site is not too bad. Your friends stop asking about it crashing after awhile.

Interesting note though, no one is crowded around the UPS box to see the new gear when it is a PC.

Our office has 7 macs now (3 imacs) and one PC (for our cutting machine only). The PC is always the one with trouble. If you can get a Mac to work, I might join you. I would be interested to hear what emulator works best for you.

WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

Well this is interesting news. I would rather use a Mac instead of a PC. I use PC's for CAD, CAM and CNC just because there is no real alternative. This was a fact that could not be questioned. In a small shop with 6 PC's all running XP Pro, I find that they are a constant source of frustration. As a matter of fact, I just purchased an ipad to avoid dealing with dealing with some of the irritation. Rhino has a great app for taking a 3d model with you on a sales call. GO Apple.

Maybe this should be forwarded to Mac. I hate all of the PC crashes. If Mac knew how much Cad/Cam was used , maybe they would put some R&D into it.
    My $.02
    Mike:stickpoke