584,814 active members*
5,215 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazak VQC 20/50b "Common Variable" Parameters

Hello,

I'm starting up an 1985 Mazak VQC 20/50b.. Needless to say the parameters where all lost, someone fitted new batteries, but I think the machine was down for too long before I bought it. I do have all the original manuals and some extra documentation from the previous owner(s), the original parameter lists from Mazak/Mitsu and some extra notes in the operating manuals. Even have the test documentation before they shipped the mill the first time.

I'm down to my last error code.. 22 SUM CHECK ERROR..

I have entered all the parameters I have, by hand, switched off and on the NC, but I still get this error. When I went through all the parameter lists to verify the information I got this extra menu/screen, "Common Variable" ,it is under the Parameter menu, but I have no documentation on these parameters. Why was this menu/screen not there from the begging, was it added because of some of the parameters I added, maybe I added some incorrect parameters?

Some more info on the process.. I tried to google all the answers I don't have or cant get from the manuals, but it takes a lot of time and they are all very general, not much info for someone that is new to Mazak.

The manuals are in the shop now but every body talks about the "memory reset procedure" but no one really describes what to do. I will do a post on this, have all the info in the extra documentation.

The other thing is how to edit the parameters... the programming key on the front display panel must be turned to the "ON" position.. My machine came without a key, so I overlooked this, not sure if they mention this somewhere in the manual. Again, after hours of Google with no luck,, Figured maybe the key has something to do with it, measured the contacts as normally closed with the key in the off position. I unplugged the key from the circuit board and then I was able to edit the parameters..

Anny info will be appreciated..

Thanks..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2573.JPG   IMG_2572.JPG  

Re: Mazak VQC 20/50b "Common Variable" Parameters

Hi,

I went through the programing manual again and saw the section about Variables.. The common variables are only used when you are using Macro's so I must be able to get the machine running without them, I just changed them all to zero.

I went through my different sets of parameters and found some conflicting values.. Under the "Mach Constant Par 1" screen I have different values for Y03, the one manual says 224 and the other one says 195,

Depends on what values I enter I get the following errors:

22 Sum Check Error
    Tool Data Error ( Incomplete )

or

25 NMI Servo Drive alarm -- X axis
    13 Drive Alarm X-axis
    Cant remember the error exactly but I was something to do with the X axis moving without the NC being ready, this was always after start up, and the X-axis never moved..
    Tool Data Error ( Incomplete )

So one of the values is obviously the the incorrect one for Y03 and that's why I get the 22 Sum Check Error. When I enter the correct value it moves on to the next fault..

I checked all the encoder wires and plugged/unplugged the connectors on the FX06 board, also unplugged / plugged the board. No Luck..
    I swapped the X and Y encoder plugs to see if there maybe was a problem with the X axis encoder, but that made no change, the X axis drive went into error not long after power up.
    On swapping the encoders back to the correct axis's the error on the X has gone and the drive stays on.

If I now power up with the E-Stop on I only get the " 20 NMI Emergency Stop" and the " Tool Data Error ". If I clear the errors with reset the X and Y axis start to move in the negative direction, they move in short hard bursts, very hard stops. If I power on without the E-Stop they will just start moving, same hard jerking movements. This went on till the Y-axis activated the proximity censor and caused the NC alarm.

If I move the Y-axis away by hand the process will just repeat itself.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks..

On the FX 701 board you will see a bank of dipswitches. With power off pull board out and turn sw 2 the other way. Put board back and turn power on then off a few times then switch no 2 back and see if the check sum error has gone. If not do it again
    Regards Bob

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.. but it's no luck..

If the dip switch is in the normal position I get the "22 Check Sum error" and when the switch is in the other position I get the "25 NMI Servo Drive Alarm", the alarm is on the X axis.

Any thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by bleker View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply.. but it's no luck..

If the dip switch is in the normal position I get the "22 Check Sum error" and when the switch is in the other position I get the "25 NMI Servo Drive Alarm", the alarm is on the X axis.

Any thoughts ?
    Did you try swap the drivers?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk

hi can you make some pictures of the parameters pleahttps://youtu.be/jh3tHxVOiBY